Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The catch can was a little less than half full after 10,600 miles of driving. The Billet Tech Catch Can works great. :bigthumb:

I stuck a screwdriver in to show how much oil it separated out of the recirculated gases. See the last image.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I'll take mine with cream and suger please:cowsmile: yeah, it works and BT rules:rocker:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
interesting. I change mine almost every oil change and that bad boy is full to the brim

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
interesting. I change mine almost every oil change and that bad boy is full to the brim
I empty mine say every other car wash (2 wks, max) and it is usually 1/3 to 1/2 full. Now it's also my daily driver in the 10-12K miles/yr range.

·
Registered
526 Posts
that is interesting, mine is 1/3 to 1/2 full after 2.5K. I wonder if it has to do with how many times you take your rpm's over 3k. I would think if consistently running lower rpm's not much oil is in vapor form

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Isn't it reccomended you check it like every 1-2k miles?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I dump mine with every oil change and it's usually close to half full.

I can't believe Dodge lets that crap get recirculated back into the engine.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
BT rocks :dj:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah - I just got my BT catch can at 46k miles. I had the pro shop clean out my manifold (it was a mess with lots of gunk collecting in the bottom of it),

Now my 5.7 Hemi is running gunk-free!!!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I dump mine with every oil change and it's usually close to half full.

I can't believe Dodge lets that crap get recirculated back into the engine.
Dodge does not let that crap as you call it got back into your engine cause they want to, they HAVE TO by LAW!

EPA regulations are very clear on it that all lowby gasses MUST be sent to the engine and burned.

So you are all taking the contents of your catch cans to approved oil recyclers right?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Course not we just dump it in tge gutter....

·
Registered
396 Posts
So you are all taking the contents of your catch cans to approved oil recyclers right?
No! Blasphemy!
Every month I test drive a new car from the local Dodge dealer.
Before I take the car out I pop the hood and anoint the engine by pouring some of the contents of my catch can across the engine bay.

Hemi Psalm said:
The Hemi is my shepherd; I shall not want.
It maketh me burnout on black pavements.
It leadeth me thru busy highways.
It restoreth my Soul.
It guides me in the path of quickness
For its name's sake!

Yea, though I walk thru the Valley of Rice
I shall fear no Turbo, for Torque art with me!
Thy Rod and thy Piston, they comfort me!

Thou preparest a track before me
in the presence of mine enemies.
Thou hast anointed my engine with catch-can oil;
My car overpowers.
Surely Traction and Victory shall follow me
All the days of my life!
And I shall dwell within the house of the V8!
Forever and ever!

In the name of the Mopar, the Horsepower and the Torque.

Amen.
(Anyone know where I stole that from?)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Dodge does not let that crap as you call it got back into your engine cause they want to, they HAVE TO by LAW!

EPA regulations are very clear on it that all lowby gasses MUST be sent to the engine and burned.

I actually do, but I am lucky and do regular oil changes on 27 trucks. We have large plastic drums that the old oil goes into and then when they are full they get taken to be recycled. I just dump mine with the rest :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I check mine about every 1,000 - 1,500 miles and there's usually a good quarter inch in the bottom.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I empty mine say every other car wash (2 wks, max) and it is usually 1/3 to 1/2 full. Now it's also my daily driver in the 10-12K miles/yr range.
that is interesting, mine is 1/3 to 1/2 full after 2.5K. I wonder if it has to do with how many times you take your rpm's over 3k. I would think if consistently running lower rpm's not much oil is in vapor form
What Brand/weight Oil are you guys running? could be an interesting result, need to see who gains a lot in the catch can and who doesnt by brand...

Im running quantum blue(7.5 23 weight), and have Zero in the can, but then again, ive only been running the oil now for 350 miles lol

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
(runs outside)
i forgot i had a catch can

1 - 18 of 18 Posts