Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days after purchase and got my first ticket in about 10 years goin 70 east to Indy....79 in a 65.....first thing he said was ,"sure got a nice car!"

note to self, start looking into radar detector ..gonna put in for my firefighter plates too...any angle I can get really.......see if my buddy the police chief can do anything for me.....oh well....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Kinda normal. I went with the silver one, reason? Less noticeable. Smooth move on my part. I went a whole 8 days before being pulled over three times in 15 minutes, collecting a ticket for not having my lights on......

Not to worry, paid my attorney $1k and he got me out of it. Pigs, what can you do?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I will have to agree. I got mine yesterday and already realize this thing is gonna be trouble. I am looking at radar detectors myself. The Valentine One is suppose to be the best. It might be worth it. http://www.valentine1.com/

·
Registered
645 Posts
3 days after purchase and got my first ticket in about 10 years goin 70 east to Indy....79 in a 65.....first thing he said was ,"sure got a nice car!"

note to self, start looking into radar detector ..gonna put in for my firefighter plates too...any angle I can get really.......see if my buddy the police chief can do anything for me.....oh well....
That reminds me...I need to put in for my Hoosier Veteran plates next time I'm home...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
From my experience, every time I got a radar detector, a ticket wasn't far behind ... I'm better off without one.

I think that if the cops see them they automatically give you a ticket, and they usually add on anything they can, like seatbelt usage fine ... etc

·
Registered
298 Posts
Question. You paid your attorney $1,000 bucks? How much was your ticket?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
normally firefighter badge and plates are a big help but had neither with me at the time....I highly recomend spending the extra dough for the plates as it sometimes saves yer behind....I know of at least 2 states you dont have to be in the fire service to get them....worth a shot....everyone just digs the hell out of the purple...great weekend.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ticket? Dunno. Maybe a coupla hundred buckoids! Probably not particularly smart to pay $1k for a lawyer huh?

But......

If you factor into your calculus that 5 vehicles would be affected on the insurance. For 7 years........ With payments due every 6 months here in the PDRC.

And THEN, you slope in the factoid that on my last re-up on my PDRC insurance (for the SRT only, the farm of the state stated that my now DUE bill carries a "driving safety record" reduction of $481.57, ye old calculata starts to crank and squeal, unused to solving such a complicated differential equation.

Calculus IS my strong suit, and after plugging in the other 4 vehicles, running a Monte Carlo simulation over 7 years, I realized that for $1k I might be able to, potentially, save about $17k, depending upon my estimates on the other 4 vehicles, which ranged from 1985 to 2002, 2004 and 2005.

I called my attorney quicksmart.

For headlights?

Jeez!

Ulitimate powers must know how many illegal aliens crossed the border of the PDRC while I was collecting my ticket.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts