Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Sunday, I took the General Sherman to another autocross Solo II event at Maywood Park for what I deemed the "Last Hurrah of the Conti's." With a new front suspension, the car ran MUCH better than back in July when ElCobra just edged me to avoid being the slowest Dodge there.

This time I should have been the slowest Dodge there again, by far, because there were only two of us there, and the other guy was a Viper SRT-10. In capable hands, that car will kick my ass all day long, and twice on Sunday!

What happened is that the driver of the Viper DNF'd on five out of six runs, and was slower than a taupe-colored Buick with a vinyl top on the one run he managed to complete. I had wanted to go talk to the guy, but we were in different run groups and I never got the chance.

The results were posted online today (and I've been waiting to make my boastful post since Sunday afternoon!). My victory was made even sweeter: it turns out that the guy driving the Viper, if you can call what he was doing "driving," is a high-school classmate of mine, who I was never on particularly good terms with!

The results are below. Keep in mind that running a Charger R/T in a Solo II autocross is like William "Refrigerator" Perry competing in the pole vault:

http://www.scscc.net/ax092307.html

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
"The results are below. Keep in mind that running a Charger R/T in a Solo II autocross is like William "Refrigerator" Perry competing in the pole vault"

hmmm... maybe I should not try mine out in an autocross event...? oops. I still think it would be fun, though, and I might learn more about how the car handles with the AWD. Time will tell....

Congrats man! A kill is a kill, right? :grin: Just goes to show that the most important part is still the driver!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
The results are below. Keep in mind that running a Charger R/T in a Solo II autocross is like William "Refrigerator" Perry competing in the pole vault
:lol: :lol:

I loved my Auto-X Neon, nothing like beating all kinds of other cars just by being a better driver.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
I have driven several Vipers at the SRT track events....the Viper is all driver...no ESP to help out when you over steer...Even one of the Skip Barbour drivers lost a viper in one turn.....the guy at your race just didnt know how to drive..in capable hands the Viper shines on the road course........but you beat him none the less...driving ability is part of the game..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Paul - Nice drivin!! It must have been a smaller track this time to get those numbers, huh?
Actually, I think the course was longer, but more straightforward than last time...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no ESP to help out when you over steer.....

For what it's worth, I sent HAL to his room during my runs (i.e., I had ESP in the stock R/T "reduced" mode).

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
For what it's worth, I sent HAL to his room during my runs (i.e., I had ESP in the stock R/T "reduced" mode).
HAL may be in his room but he keeps the door open to watch whats going on.....the ESP button does not remove all of HAL's control....even in an SRT8......They have a Charger SRT8 at the SRT Track Events that has ALL ESP functions removed by the factory......BIG diff in handling....I have been to 3 track events and the 3rd event was the 1st time they had the ESP deleted Charger...also was the 1st time I lost control of a car at a srt track event..........but that was also the best driving experience during the whole event IMO....:)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well I went to the track tonight and raced a fellow member that has an SRT8 and beat him!!! Yea thats right I have a bone stock R/T and beat an SRT. Its true I can post the time slips if you like.

In his defense he spun all the way thru second gear, but hey a win is a win right LOL. Towards the end he started to catch up to me but we ran out of track. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts