Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Don't sweat it. Half day at the dealer (if they're worth a hoot) and she'll be good as new.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Usually indicated by (insert size here) pinkish puddle on the ground/floor.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have the dreaded TRANS leak!! 14 months in @ 11K. Now the fun begins!
Eh, it ain't so bad...the dealer will fix it up in good time though, happened to me @ 1 year and 15K miles. But hopefully this recurring issue is like chicken pox for all us Charger owners: you get it once and then your done with it!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
When I was getting my oil changed last week, the guy told me I had some trany fluid leaking, but there is never any drips or pools of fluid on the floor in the garage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hate the trans leak... what makes me upset is that i take my vehicle in every month for oil changes due to the amount of miles i drive my vehicle. Now i notice that the trans would shift a lil rough and from having a 2006 with NAG1 trans with same issue. Just but luck i work for the competition and asked the techs at the dealership .... (GM) lol to but my car on the rack and lets have a look. Well there it was visable and not dripping but you could see where it was comming from. I was upset cause the techs at chrysler had to see this leak it was stains on the case from fluid. I say if you buy an 2007 just lie and say you saw fluid on your floor because thats what i did on my 2006 even though i didnt see anything on the ground and next thing you know i get a call from service you have o-rings that needed to be replace it was leaking.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I guess i'm one of the lucky ones.....31,000 and still no leak. Knock on wood!!!! I'll keep a look out for puddles though.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I hate the trans leak... what makes me upset is that i take my vehicle in every month for oil changes due to the amount of miles i drive my vehicle. Now i notice that the trans would shift a lil rough and from having a 2006 with NAG1 trans with same issue. Just but luck i work for the competition and asked the techs at the dealership .... (GM) lol to but my car on the rack and lets have a look. Well there it was visable and not dripping but you could see where it was comming from. I was upset cause the techs at chrysler had to see this leak it was stains on the case from fluid. I say if you buy an 2007 just lie and say you saw fluid on your floor because thats what i did on my 2006 even though i didnt see anything on the ground and next thing you know i get a call from service you have o-rings that needed to be replace it was leaking.
Usually, if it's insufficient to form a drop, they'll ignore it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 45K on my Mango and just got the little puddle... Thank God for the extended warranty...

·
Registered
998 Posts
sonuva...i just got mine too. I'm at 37k and got the extended warranty..but i think there's the 100$ deductible to pay..damn it

·
Registered
219 Posts
what do you mean with extended warranty? you guys dont have the warranty for life?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had mine done, my car had 10k on the clock. Now I have noticed that when the car downshifts, when not on autostick, there seems to be a thump when it drops down throught the gears? what gives? Not meaning to hijack the thread but I think it is relevant... :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm the second owner of an '06 GMG. When i bought the car with 24k miles on it, i also got them to include the certified dodge/chrysler warranty (8 years, 80k miles).

The lifetime warranties didn't come out until recently.
what do you mean with extended warranty? you guys dont have the warranty for life?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts