Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found another use for the Superchips. My wife has an '02 Olds Bravada and the CEL came on today. On a whim I hooked up my SC and it was able to accurately read and clear the codes (the engine cooling fan clutch is siezed and the code was read as "fan high speed"). I guess they can be used to read and clear codes on any OBD II equipped car if nobody wants them for tuning a Hemi anymore... :lol:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I found another use for the Superchips. My wife has an '02 Olds Bravada and the CEL came on today. On a whim I hooked up my SC and it was able to accurately read and clear the codes (the engine cooling fan clutch is siezed and the code was read as "fan high speed"). I guess they can be used to read and clear codes on any OBD II equipped car if nobody wants them for tuning a Hemi anymore... :lol:
I've wondered that before, but never tried it. I personally didn't think it would work.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
watch out, you may end up putting autozone out of business. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does the Preditor also have this functionality? Is it a OBD II code reader/clearer too?

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I actually found out that pretty much all chryler vehicles can read codes even with out an evic. You have to turn the key back and forth 3 times. But since reading this thread, I tried my diablo on some other cars, and it reads the codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts