Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and i love it..what you guys think?..i replaced my windshield with a limited prodution w/s from ppg that a polorized exclusive from the sema show wich only had 300c with this w/s..im the first charger..btw ..i installed it myself

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Its blue. It doesnt match your black car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that a nano-tint windshield? IIRC, there is a member on lxforums who sells them and had to remove the one in his Magnum because he kept getting cited for it.
no ..its the polorized from ppg..theres a dot(department of transportation) number on the w/s so its legal ..your high end mercedes and bmw's come with them factory

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
no ..its the polorized from ppg..theres a dot(department of transportation) number on the w/s so its legal ..your high end mercedes and bmw's come with them factory
You're right. I have seen that windshield color before on other cars, but it's always on high end cars.

I'd love to sit in the front seat and experience it.

How is it at night?

How $ if you don't mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Looks like the new ws looks white out when in the light and head on. My question is, is that legal in your state? Don't suspect the local PoPo likin not being able to see in your vehicle at all angles.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Looks like the new ws looks white out when in the light and head on. My question is, is that legal in your state? Don't suspect the local PoPo likin not being able to see in your vehicle at all angles.
Cars are coming like that OEM, I doubt it'll be much of a problem.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Cars are coming like that OEM, I doubt it'll be much of a problem.
corporateportal.ppg.com said:
Complies With Applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

This limited-edition windshield meets all requirements of U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 205 and is marked with PPG’s DOT number as certification. While tint films absorb light, this technology rejects heat and creates vibrant color without significantly affecting overall visible light transmittance, enabling the windshield to meet the 70-percent federal requirement.
What that means is although it meets the FEDERAL laws, it doesn't mean it meets LOCAL laws. If your state law requires 100% visibilty, expect to get pulled over with this windshield on a regular basis...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
It's a sweet shield, and I believe it will catch on in the auto industry, and the tint shops. Gold would match my ManGo, and I'd like to have it on all windows. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What that means is although it meets the FEDERAL laws, it doesn't mean it meets LOCAL laws. If your state law requires 100% visibilty, expect to get pulled over with this windshield on a regular basis...
from the inside it looks nice..its like a brownish color kinda like sunglasses and from straight on you can totally see me threw the w/s..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oh please tell me it doesn't actually say "First Edition" on either side of a sun that looks like it belongs on the rear window of a 1981 Chevy pickup.

...****. It does. :dead:

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's a sweet shield, and I believe it will catch on in the auto industry, and the tint shops. Gold would match my ManGo, and I'd like to have it on all windows. :)
x2...All the windows should be done to match.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts