Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after getting pulled over twice for not having my front lisence plate on, and my girl getting too nervous to drive the car without it.....I finally gave in.

BUT.....I figured I wouldn't go down without a fight, so I also installed my color matched grill and a color matched airdam (or chin, spoiler, chin spoiler).

The color of the lisence plate frame looks off in the pics, but it DOES match in person. Do you think it looks too bad?

1st pic is before followed by 3 after pics.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
looks cool! the LP looks a little fruity to me but you got an excellent paint job!
congrats man!

·
Registered
45 Posts
OMG Its so horrible!!!!

JK JK

It doesnt look bad. I really like how you painted the license plate frame to match the car. Im just waiting for the day I get pulled over for not having mine on. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Don't know about that rainbow - looks like something they'd have available for Frisco!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it looks great, any other color would look odd and stand out too much.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Rofl, thanks guys!! Yea our plates here in Hawaii seem a little odd to you mainlanders! We don't associate rainbows with...err...ummm....batting with the same team?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks really good!

·
Registered
964 Posts
looking very nice leer... great job.. did you do it yourself??

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again guys.

@Blackspeed. Yes I did. Usually if I paint anything for my car I use automotive grade paint and setup my garage to spray everything. But with the lisence plate holder, being that it was so small I actuall just used the Duplicolor paint with some clearcoat. It turned out pretty good and the color matched up well!

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Yep, that looks pretty good! Here in OH we have to have the front plate, too.

... and I did not think of this... why?? *bang head here* :redface:

:lol: :grin:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Looks good. Mine is going in for some body work next month and I was toying with having them paint mine since they already have to paint the fender, part of the front fascia, & blend into the hoold & door. After looking at yours, I think I will.
BTW, I'm digging the blue calipers...nice!
-J

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yes it does look good, I think the police are a little too picky for worrying about a front plate in Hawaii. I mean who else would it be, not to many Mainland cars on the roads there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
looks GOOD...wanna do mine? lol...I havent mounted front plates on car yet..I was gonna get vanity plates to kinda force me to put it on but I havent found what I want...its funny that you wouldnt think something so small as the bracket to matter but to me it makes a lotta difference in looks...your car looks much more clean/sharp with the bracket painted....fellow rainbower!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks good. I plan on getting mine painted as soon as I get the time.

·
Registered
608 Posts
What do you guys think looks better a painted Front spoiler or a black one on a silver Charger. I haven't decided what to do.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
What do you guys think looks better a painted Front spoiler or a black one on a silver Charger. I haven't decided what to do.
I like my black spoiler and grill for now ....

However, I will have to color-match my lic. plate bracket just in case I may have to install it ... thanks for the idea.

Edit:

here's a head-on pic of my current set-up:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'd say if you have no other black then color match silver. If you have other black, as gpwebman does in his grille, then do black.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts