Welcome to the forums! :wave:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Hi Bob :wave:

I love the black powdercoated BB resonator-replacement kit I have ....

·
Registered
248 Posts
i have a question, the dual 2.7 exhaust...does it modify the sound? I don't really want to modify the sound and I'm not worried about performance but i hate how the rear bumper has two exhaust cutouts and only one pipe. The local exhaust shop quoted me $130 to split it and run two small tips which I thought was good but i see you have a nice looking kit too so I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
i have a question, the dual 2.7 exhaust...does it modify the sound? I don't really want to modify the sound and I'm not worried about performance but i hate how the rear bumper has two exhaust cutouts and only one pipe. The local exhaust shop quoted me $130 to split it and run two small tips which I thought was good but i see you have a nice looking kit too so I figured I'd ask.
I have bobs kit on my 300 and it does give a slightly deeper sound. It looks and sounds like it should have from the factory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, any of the dual kits I sell will make it louder, even the magnaflow kit. The 2.7 is slightly louder then the 3.5 and if you split the exhaust with no resonators it will resonate inside.
I have sold my Y pipe and a pair of used hemi resonators a couple of times. This setup is very quiet but the resonators must be welded to my Y pipe. My glasspack kit is , for most, tolerable on the inside of the car.

Blastin'

·
Registered
248 Posts
thanks for the response...i'm just afraid of what the 2.7 will sound like if i try to actually make it louder. i had a 1.9 Saturn engine with the bumblebee exhaust and if i drove it for more than 30 minutes i would get out and was about deaf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts