Welcome DriWash!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Welcome DriWashSolutions.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What the heck is DryWash? I think I once read a thread that Umbra put together - but I dont know what the stuff is. Does this mean you can get it cheaper here than thru Amazon? I think Umbra said you could get it there, and it was cheap...............

·
Registered
105 Posts
What the heck is DryWash? I think I once read a thread that Umbra put together - but I dont know what the stuff is. Does this mean you can get it cheaper here than thru Amazon? I think Umbra said you could get it there, and it was cheap...............
It's a waterless car wash and protective glaze. Ask Umbra about it to get an unbiased opinion (he's just a user - not affiliated), or I'm sure he'll stop by.

If you buy it on Amazon, I fill the order. Amazons' rules are that I have to price it the same on my own site (Post #1) and theirs - it's within a few cents.

I was thinking of a group buy - but I'm not sure how to do it, seeing how everyone's spread out throughout the country. I'm new to this type of advertising/marketing - what have others done?

I sell DriWash because I too am a user - been using it for about 12 years. Started using it on Harleys, and now I use it on all my vehicles (including my lawn tractor!).

John

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome. I'd be interested in trying it but it's alot more money than I first imagined it being.

A group buy would probably work out well.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
It's a waterless car wash and protective glaze. Ask Umbra about it to get an unbiased opinion (he's just a user - not affiliated), or I'm sure he'll stop by.

If you buy it on Amazon, I fill the order. Amazons' rules are that I have to price it the same on my own site (Post #1) and theirs - it's within a few cents.

I was thinking of a group buy - but I'm not sure how to do it, seeing how everyone's spread out throughout the country. I'm new to this type of advertising/marketing - what have others done?

I sell DriWash becuase I too am a user - been using it for about 12 years. Started using it on Harleys, and now I use it on all my vehicles (including my lawn tractor!).

John

So do I! :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Im in for a group buy!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
The thing that freaks most people out is about applying it to a dirty car.

Look, if you're that concerned about the amount of dirt on your car, then run it through a touchless first!

However, before you use DriWash, you need to be sure the car is completely dry, like an overnight dry. Any water will cause the product to coagulate, be be very difficult to work with.

I never hesitate to use it on my daily driver after a rainstorm has dirtied the car. However, if it's been raining for days, and the car is completely filthy, I'll run it through a touchless, then DriWash it the next day.

On my Classic (which never see's any rain - it's the one at the top right hand corner of my site), I use it exclusively. The car has been through a ground up restoration just over two years ago, and has never been washed with water.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Welcome aboard John! I was just bugging Hemeee yesterday to find out if you were on yet! hehe

Is there a discount code or something for CF members?

Best of Luck to you here!
Ron380

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome aboard John! I was just bugging Hemeee yesterday to find out if you were on yet! hehe

Is there a discount code or something for CF members?

Best of Luck to you here!
Ron380
Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out what to do and how to do it. I was thinking of offering the case price discount (15%) to individual items for CF members. All of my other prices are a standard 10% off MSRP.

How's that sound?

It'd basically be the same as a group buy, but open ended.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have been using Dry Wash for years as well.
I LOVE the stuff.
I have not tried the new ion stuff, how much better is it that the original ?

The person I use to buy it from works in another town and with my hours I work it is almost impossible for me to buy it from him. I am glad you are on line John.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Chuck

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was checking out one of your videos... the Oxygone stuff.
That kind of scared me, but maybe it's because the example is an older paint.

What got me is that there was paint on the towel.. You shouldn't ever see paint on the towel. That means your clearcoat is gone! hehe.

Just something I noticed. Rest of the products you're offering looks neat though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was checking out one of your videos... the Oxygone stuff.
That kind of scared me, but maybe it's because the example is an older paint.

What got me is that there was paint on the towel.. You shouldn't ever see paint on the towel. That means your clearcoat is gone! hehe.

Just something I noticed. Rest of the products you're offering looks neat though.
That's exactly what it is - older paint, i.e. not Base/Clear. Take a look at the enclosed trailer sample photos - it's the same type of thing. Ealier paints used to be hardened enamel or even laquer in the older days.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure I've seen a Base/Clear car with oxidation.

I just used the OxyGone(tm) with a buffer to remove some spider webs on a used car I just bought. The oxygone has some cutting power to remove the spider webs (the feather scratches you see when looking at the reflection in direct sunlight), then I followed it up with the Ultra-Ion(tm) with the buffer as well. It turned out awesome, however, the sider webs were really bad, and I need to go over it one more time, as I was being a little cautious (it was the first time I used the brand new buffer).

So, the bottom line for those of you with really bad paint (probably not on your Charger, but maybe on another vehicle), you can use a buffer with the product as well!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have been using Dry Wash for years as well.
I LOVE the stuff.
I have not tried the new ion stuff, how much better is it that the original ?
Ultra-Ion(tm) is becoming the flagship product of DWG. They continue to offer the Classic, because it's been around for about 15 years.

The Ultra-Ion(tm) is an ionized formula, which really tends to attack organic material (bugs, bird droppings, etc) better than the Classic. Also, since it's ionized, (look this up on Wikipedia for more info) it actually imparts a small charge on the surface of the vehicle so that dust is not "attracted" to the surface as much as it would be with a non-ionized formula.

It really works well on darker colored vehicles, and is cheaper than the classic to boot!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts