Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Hello! My name is Melissa and I just got a 2015 Dodge Charger SXT! Yes Yes, I know its the v 6 3.5 leader engine! But I love it!. I have been trying to keep maintenance up and recently noticed a odd smell. It smelled like it was wayyy overdue for an oil change but it just had one... I checked the cabin filter and was getting ready to check the engine air filter when I noticed some sort of fluid on the outside.... Just getting the car I have yet to learn everything about it and want to find out whats going on..

Also to mention I work at a AutoZone... I know quite a bit, but I am not a certified manic ... I have checked all the hose and they all look fine the car was very well maintained from whoever had it before me and looks great (If It did't I would'ent of bought it).

Also trying to join a community about Mopar because The Charger is literally my favorite car thats why I got one!

hope someone can help me out!

·
Registered
824 Posts
A little more info needed. "check the engine air filter when I noticed some sort of fluid on the outside...." Fluid where exactly? What's it look / feel like? Water, coolant, oil? How much?
You said it's stinky like overdue for an oil change but just had one. Did you do it, in which case you'd know if you missed and spilled a bit. If someone else, maybe they missed.
A possibility that can happen on the 3.6 engines is the oil cooler leaking. You should look in the "V" where the oil filter is and see if you see dry aluminum or oil. If oil, it could be oil cooler leaking, or oil that got there during the oil change. My 2014 did it, and it did smell. See https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/SB-10058301-5939.pdf

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Could just be oil that was spilled during the change burning if it was spilled on an area that gets hot. Could just be oil dripping as well. Maybe wipe everything down and then check again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts