Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My trunk on the side with the badges and the top side of my bumper are always filthy. I'm guessing when I drive in the rain the aerodynamics of the car tosses dirt and filth there but now I'm starting to get scratches on my bumper in the same spot and on the surface facing perpendicular to the road. Is this a result of the same thing or is something else going on? If it's the aerodynamics there is nothing to be done except fix the scratches every once in a while but if no one else is experiencing this too then maybe something else is up.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
that area collects too much crap... it's got to be the big whale tail causing it... I was almost thinking of removing my spoiler because I didn't have this problem with my RT that had no spoiler

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
That area does collect alot of crud, I saw a discussion about that before somewhere and I know I always have dirt building up there too, as for the scratches...not sure.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the Magnum guys in Steel City LX they have the same dirt problem but no one mentioned weird two inch scratches.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. It's garage kept and my kids keep a respectful distance from "Daddy's car". :D

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I guess that rules out a kitty or something like that jumping up on it...are they parallel or random?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Pics would help....

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are random. I'll get some pics tonight. I thought if some other folks had the same experience that would answer the question.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
What year is it?

It could be the trunk lid rubbing. That was a common problem on the 2006's, it ended up becoming a TSB.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2008. It isn't the trunk lid.

·
Registered
183 Posts
mine has a couple weird scratches on the trunk lid by the badges, perpendicular to the road. Im not sure what caused them, as I have a few more scratches all over the car

+1 on the dirt/dust there....its a magnet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine collects the same crud. My magnum had a top rubber piece that fit across the and on top of the bumper. I can't find anything like it. It was on a first run 05 maggie and made of black rubber.

Scratches magically seam to appear on the back side of my black charger. Luckily I put the first one there right after I detailed it then proceeded to back directly into my peach tree.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Mine collects the same crud. My magnum had a top rubber piece that fit across the and on top of the bumper. I can't find anything like it. It was on a first run 05 maggie and made of black rubber.

Scratches magically seam to appear on the back side of my black charger. Luckily I put the first one there right after I detailed it then proceeded to back directly into my peach tree.
I would put something like that on my srt if someone made it... this topic is one of my biggest pet peeves with my car:cowsmile:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
My R/T gets real dirty around the lip of the trunk. Stupid cars and their ability to get dirty once I spend $12 on a good car wash :slap:

Hi Dan, Patrick, Todd, Robin :wave:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
My R/T gets real dirty around the lip of the trunk. Stupid cars and their ability to get dirty once I spend $12 on a good car wash :slap:

Hi Dan, Patrick, Todd, Robin :wave:
exactly... whenever I go thru the touchless water just collects there... I have to drive like i'm on a dukes of hazzard set to get the water to fly off:cowsmile:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
exactly... whenever I go thru the touchless water just collects there... I have to drive like i'm on a dukes of hazzard set to get the water to fly off:cowsmile:
lol - I just pictured your SRT flying through the air lol :alfdance:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts