Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in HID's in to my headlights and ever since when I turn on my headlights there is a constant buzzing noise coming from the speakers. When I turn off the headlights the buzz is gone. the loudness of the buzz doesn't seem to change with the volume of the music. It's the same loudness when the music is off and when the music is on.

I am running two amps, a 2 channel amp for the subs in the trunk and a 4 channel amp for the 4 interior speakers I have. The 4 channel amp goes to the two interior rears and the two in the front door panels. I haven't thought to check if the two interior rears make a noise as well but it is very obvious that the two in the front do. It's like a low hum/buzz. It definitely isn't high pitch and I wouldn't say it is low either. It comes from both front speakers too, not just one or the other.

So with all that, I have no idea what this could mean and why the speakers are buzzing/humming. Are the headlight's pulling too much power from the same source as the 4 channel amp is? that's my guess but I really have no idea.

Hopefully someone can give me some ideas on how I could possibly fix it?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
While listening to cds and such too or just from the radio stations?
I would say check your grounds first, and try isolating your audio wires...
What wattage are your HIDz?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Are you using ground loop isolaters? I always use these to prevent buzzing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While listening to cds and such too or just from the radio stations?
I would say check your grounds first, and try isolating your audio wires...
What wattage are your HIDz?
The buzzing is non stop while the headlights are on, so it's always there and the same with buzz with the radio, ipod, or cd. when the lights are on, the buzzing is there.

So check the grounds of the speakers? (just clarifying)

It might have to do with isolating the audio wires from the power wires.

The HID's are 35W HID's, I also had to install the "error code eliminator" in line with them so they wouldn't flicker.

Are you using ground loop isolaters? I always use these to prevent buzzing.
I haven't heard of ground loop isolators. Where would those be and what do they do to stop the buzzing?

Just so you guys have the info you may need to help me out.
I bought the car already with the audio set up in it so I'm not entirely sure what all is in the system but I do have a pretty good idea.

I've got a JVC headunit that goes back to two amps in the trunk that I'm pretty sure pull the power from the rear battery and then like I said previously those power the subs and the interior speakers.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
U may need more grounds made
When ppl install catbacks, many never attach that ground...
I got back underthe carand put it on, installer said i didnt need it.
Just helps ground the car more.
Check that your audio grounds are made on unpainted metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts