Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Charger GT AWD Tor Red
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum ... I'm back. After a 3 year bro-mance with a 300S I'll be picking up my new 2020 Charger GT AWD tomorrow night. Several friends have told me they really liked their WeatherTech floor mats so I have been looking at them, and I found a lot of comparisons between them and Husky mats. I've read a bunch of articles and watched videos from the interwebs and it seems the preference is towards the Husky brand.

While I can find many youtube videos and articles comparing the Weathertech vs. Husky, I can't find any that highlight the difference between the Husky MOGO mats and the Husky Weatherbeater mats. The Huskyliners website is not much help either but I did send them an email asking to compare/contrast the products.

Do any of you have any stories of Weathertech vs. Husky with regards to looks, fit, performance, etc. in your Chargers? Thanks!

GS

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
The Husky mats will curl up on the edges and drive you nuts. I threw away the set I had in our Chrysler 200 and put in Maxpider "Kagu" mats (also have these in my wife's Rallye and they are nice). I have the Weathertech in my SXT and they are perfect...IMO the Husky mats are junk in comparison.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I've been using the weather techs since 2012...still on my original set!

My only gripe is that they dont cover the dead pedal area properly - so if someone else drives your car and/or you are not mindful, you could have dirt/mud/water sneak in behind there and contaminate underneath the mat!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Weathertech are plastic and slippery when your shoes are wet.
Yes - this is correct.
I usually throw on some Aerospace 303 to help with the beading properties once I clean them - that's one complain I always get from older people or women with heels lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently bought the WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners for my 2007 Dodge Charger R/T. It doesn't slide around like my previous floormats and it's very easy to clean.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I have found the weathertech matts to be a better fit. I've tried both. I have them in all of my cars.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, for what it's worth, I've been a long time customer of WeatherTech. I've had a set in my last car and one of my current cars. (2010 Mazda Miata) I agree with the above that they are a quality product and are worth the price they charge for these things. Especially if you happen to live in the snow belt. That said, I bought a set of the Husky mats for the Charger last year, and I have to say, I can't tell these apart from the WT mats. They fit snuggly and haven't curled up (yet) like they did for someone else here. I really don't have any complaints for either one.

I suppose, like with any product, you can get a good one or you can get a not so good one. Sometimes you gotta roll the dice and take a chance.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD
52 Posts
Interesting. I had a set of WT on my 09 AWD, and thought they were pretty decent. When it came time to put a set in my current ride, I went with Husky, including a trunk liner. The fit is excellent. I‘ve only had them a few months, but so far am impressed. The price is much better, too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my Charger last night and loving it. It's like hanging with an old friend (had a 2015 AWD SRT). Took today off to RTFM and put some miles on it. Glad I got the "Tor Red" color but it does throw me a curve in certain light. This morning in the sun it looked orange. Last night on my surveillance cameras it looked pink!

Replies seem to be running around 50-50 so I think I'll try out the Husky mats first. The prices aren't that bad and if they suck I'll have to eat it and get the WTs. Thanks everyone for the replies. BTW I got the following reply from Huskyliners.com when I asked the diff between their Weatherbeater and MOGO products:

The Weatherbeater Liner and MOGO Liner provide the same coverage. The only difference between them is the material. The Weatherbeater Liners are made of a rubberized thermal plastic, which is a stiffer more durable material, and the MOGO Liners are made of a thick soft rubber material that is more pliable and does not have nibs.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
110 Posts
I haven't yet purchased the winter mats for my 2020 Charger SXT AWD. I think there are MOPAR OEM mats available, no? If so that will be my choice.
Gordonshumway I would LOVE to see a pic of your GT AWD!
Here's mine:

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I haven't yet purchased the winter mats for my 2020 Charger SXT AWD. I think there are MOPAR OEM mats available, no? If so that will be my choice.
Gordonshumway I would LOVE to see a pic of your GT AWD!
Here's mine:
Mopar does make a set of heavy duty (and HEAVY) rubber mats with deep grooves, but they do not protect the sides of the carpet, and crud gets underneath them very easily. I had a set in my 2013 Charger (and later in my 2016) that I used until I moved up to the vastly superior Weathertech mats. I wore a hole in one of the ridges with the heel of my shoe in only a few months --didn't help with the appearance of my shoe either. Here is a pic of what they look like:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I signed up for Husky's "email list". Hopefully there will be a discounted offer before winter hits Michigan :) . Yes, It is my mid-life crisis ... 10 years late!
2020 Dodge Charger GT AWD.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
That looks fantastic! The GT looks so much better when equipped with the Blacktop Package, nicely done!
What other packages does yours have?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, I was able to see your build. Great choices! I was back-and-forth over the Technology Group but ultimately decided to get it. I also got the Alpine, Plus, Driver Convenience, and Navigation groups. I skipped the sunroof, didn't want to lose the headroom. Many happy miles!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I figured it would come with the default Chrysler "NAV" package, which worked great in my 300S and previous Charger (wrong!), and I have Google Maps on my phone, so I skipped the Navigation. Still happy not paying AreYouSerious?/XM any more money. I disagree with you on the headroom/sunroof. I have had a sunroof in all my Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge vehicles and I really feel that it gives you MORE headroom. Or at least it feels like it does.

Our choice of the Alpine stereo cut us out of the "Charger" door sills and that bothers me. I am going to look for them in aftermarket. As I get used to the color I'm now seeing a LOT of red. Back and front ends look great with the contrast of the black trim but I think I need some black side trim or possibly a decal or pinstripe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, there's definitely more headroom with the sunroof...when it's open LOL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts