Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some little punks egged my charger the other night, the next morning I went and looked at it... two eggs hit, each shell scored a dozen deep scratches in the paint. Is there a way to fix this without having to paint the panels?

I've had cars egged in the past with no damage, does the charger have weaker paint? could warranty cover something like that?

thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would try buffing it out with some polishing compound... maybe try some meguier's scratch fixer.... Hopefully your scratches aren't deeper than the clear.... I've heard several people complain that the paint on these LX's is not as good as most OE paint, and that it's more succeptible to scratches and chips.... I really doubt that the dealer is gonna fix it under warranty though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
try waiting in the bushes with a BB-gun that should take care of future scratches.

I have a turtle wax compound that works pretty well on surface scratches, sry to hear that u got egged

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try waiting in the bushes with a BB-gun that should take care of future scratches.

I have a turtle wax compound that works pretty well on surface scratches, sry to hear that u got egged
I was actually driving when it got hit, it was the kids that were hiding in the bushes!

I think It did go through the clear and into the paint, they seem really deep.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn, I woulda slammed the brakes, got out, and BEAT their asses
It was 2am, I did get out and looked for damage, but it was too dark to see anything, wasn't even sure eggs hit me till the morning. for All I knew a couple acrons fell off a tree or something. I would love to go back in time knowing what I know now. I'd put the fear in those kids;)

Oh, and I have bright silver paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.