Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my car, but one complaint. It doesn't seem like the interior fan is strong enough to blow air throughout the cabin. I have to put the thing on max (7 I believe) before I feel any air. Just wondering if this is normal for everyone or if I'm crazy.

I haven't driven it in cold weather yet so I'm not sure if I'll notice the fan causing problems with warm air.

· Registered
2,072 Posts
Love my car, but one complaint. It doesn't seem like the interior fan is strong enough to blow air throughout the cabin. I have to put the thing on max (7 I believe) before I feel any air. Just wondering if this is normal for everyone or if I'm crazy.

I haven't driven it in cold weather yet so I'm not sure if I'll notice the fan causing problems with warm air.

Tony,

That is not normal. I would suggest letting the dealer correct the problem for you.

· Registered
215 Posts

I'm kind of with you on this! I feel the same way... Everything works, however, the fan speed doesn't seem to be strong enough. I just use the recirculate button to give it that extra umph... :driving:

· Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony,

That is not normal. I would suggest letting the dealer correct the problem for you.
Thanks Chris, but this seems more like a design flaw than an actual problem. I've talked with a few buddies who had the same complaint. I guess I just wanted to see who else on these forums thought the same thing. I'll have the dealer check it at my next oil change though.

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
Seems odd to me. I rented a 2012 Charger V6 last week while in KC on business and the fan blew plenty of air to push the A/C through the cabin to my front and rear seat passengers. It was 91 degrees and the car sat in the sun all day but it cooled off quickly with plenty of air flow after I started it up.

In fact, I noted that the 2012 seemed it moved the air better than my '06 SRT when I got back to mine in Philly and started it up at the airport after the flight.

I'd visit the dealer and have them check it out.

· Registered
219 Posts
I feel the same way here in AZ. The AC in my wife's new Toyota will turn that thing into a meat locker where as the one in the charger will barely keep you cool. I think it's just a bad design or bad choice in parts. Nothing you or the dealer can really do about it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
538 Posts
I feel the same way here in AZ. The AC in my wife's new Toyota will turn that thing into a meat locker where as the one in the charger will barely keep you cool. I think it's just a bad design or bad choice in parts. Nothing you or the dealer can really do about it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Aside from your air not blowing enough I have noticed the black color with a black interior just seems to be hotter in general in a hot desert I live in El Centro, Ca about an hour from AZ and is getting 110 degrees now days. I dont recall my inferno red with a gray interior being quite as hot compared to the black for the obvious reasons haha.

· Registered
148 Posts
Dumb question but did you check to see if it was on floor and dash vents. in mine if its set to that it feels like no air is moving, but set it to just dash vents and it feels pretty good.

· Registered
219 Posts
Aside from your air not blowing enough I have noticed the black color with a black interior just seems to be hotter in general in a hot desert I live in El Centro, Ca about an hour from AZ and is getting 110 degrees now days. I dont recall my inferno red with a gray interior being quite as hot compared to the black for the obvious reasons haha.
LOL.. yeah the black on black does not help at all.. my last car was red with light grey and it didn't feel as hot as the charger does.. even using the window covers it really doesn't help.

· Registered
205 Posts
I've only had mine a week, but the A/C system seems to do a pretty good job cooling the car down in the hot, humid TN heat. Mine is black on black and it was in the mid 90s when I test drove it. Despite sitting in the sun all day, it cooled down quickly once we got going. The fan seemed to have no problem delivering plenty of airflow. Having said that, I will say the air temperature never seemed to feel really cold. This was also the case with my '09 Cadillac CTS, it moved plenty of air and cooled the cabin quickly but never blew really cold air the way my Infiniti or Lincoln did. I'm afraid that is the nature of the newer A/C systems as I also exprienced the same "cool but not cold" air in a Tahoe I had as a rental when on a business trip a few weeks ago. I've also noticed the compressor cycles on and off when idling, even in 90 degree temps. Not a low charge short-cycle, but an occasional click off and then back on. Again, my Cadillac did the same thing as did every one of the loaner Cadillacs I drove(and I drove lots of them while mine was in for service). Whereas the compressor on my Infiniti was always on whenever the A/C was. Same with the Lincoln unless the ambient temps were below 80.

· Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dumb question but did you check to see if it was on floor and dash vents. in mine if its set to that it feels like no air is moving, but set it to just dash vents and it feels pretty good.
Actually not a dumb question, that did happen to me once. For some reason a button got pushed and the air was split between floor and dash.

But my complaint still stands, when the air is on dash only. I have to turn the fan up to 7 to feel anything. Weird.

I have noticed that using the auto climate control seems to work better than manually setting the temperature to LO. I also have a black on black charger and it is July...so you have to take that into account. Just a small price to pay for the best color car!

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
Actually not a dumb question, that did happen to me once. For some reason a button got pushed and the air was split between floor and dash.

But my complaint still stands, when the air is on dash only. I have to turn the fan up to 7 to feel anything. Weird.

I have noticed that using the auto climate control seems to work better than manually setting the temperature to LO. I also have a black on black charger and it is July...so you have to take that into account. Just a small price to pay for the best color car!
Why haven't you taken it back to the dealer and had it checked out? :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.