Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Oh, and these banner ads that are across the bottom of the page are irritating as all hell on mobile. When the keyboard is up you have an inch between the top banner of the page and these damn ads to see what you're typing.

The lack of buttons to jump to the last and first pages in a thread seems odd too. Its a lot of extra fussing around to click on the page number and enter the last one where there was just a button before.

·
Administrator
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback and forwarding it to our teams for possible improvements in future updates. We will be continuously updating design and user experience with weekly updates.

For those of you looking to jump to the end of a thread. Near the top of each thread discussion, there is a button to the right of the title (from within the thread) to go to the last post.

For those of you looking for new "unread" posts, you should automatically go to the last post you read within a thread by clicking on titles in the "new posts" section. Clicking on the timestamp there brings you to the last post. This is also where you can mark all threads as read.

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

Please let me know if I missed any questions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't show any "jump to latest" or "follow" options displayed. There is nothing after the thread name.

So now it's a multi-step process to jump to the last post I read within a thread? I have to click on something then click on something else & then find the find the thread I was interested in?

So far this new forum software is a step backwards in efficiency.

·
Administrator
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I don't show any "jump to latest" or "follow" options displayed. There is nothing after the thread name.

So now it's a multi-step process to jump to the last post I read within a thread? I have to click on something then click on something else & then find the find the thread I was interested in?

So far this new forum software is a step backwards in efficiency.
Can you tell me which browser and device you are using to access the site, please?

- Cricket

·
Registered
618 Posts
While I think the site is a certainly more responsive, the layout is not very intuitive. Frankly, even though individual pages load much faster, I'm finding that the less useful UI causes me to spend a lot more time actually finding articles that are of interest to me. I've been a member for over a dozen years and have run companies that have built large eCommerce sites and content management systems so please take this as constructive criticism. In its current form, I don't think I'll be spending much time here anymore. I'm not saying that the old site was good (as we all know, it was a dog in terms of performance), but this isn't an improvement in usability for me. I'll check back in a few months and see if things have gotten any better, but I'd be shocked if this change results in an increase in viewership. Good luck with things.

Edit: I'd be curious to know why you guys went with Xenforo. Hosting at GCP was a wise move.

Best,
Another car site I frequent uses Xenforo and it's quite normal, intuitive & usable. I think chargerforums is trying to fluff it up for whatever reason and has messed it up.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Liking all the new features on this site, however, we need a picture at the top of a 2012-2014 Charger SRT. Kinda like a face off. Still not used to the 2015+ new front fascia.:D

·
Administrator
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
We used to have some sort of indicator showing if we had posted in a thread, like an arrow on the folder. We don't seem to have that anymore, can we get that included again? :)

Actually, we don't have the folder-symbol before the thread title any more at all.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The image in my signature is gone. I looked through a couple threads & didn't see anyone's signature image. Maybe the other people didn't put their images back in because they're leaving the forum.

I tried to put it back but the only option I see for the image starts with http. How does that work when the images are on my PC? Previously I thought you had a browse or drag & drop process.

This forum used to be intuitive & followed similar functions to the countless other forums I've used over the decades. But not anymore.

·
Registered
618 Posts
We used to have some sort of indicator showing if we had posted in a thread, like an arrow on the folder. We don't seem to have that anymore, can we get that included again? :)

Actually, we don't have the folder-symbol before the thread title any more at all.
This is a really a messed up forum now. I go for content & ease of use. I don't know what improvements were supposedly made but it looks like someone just wanted to make the forum look different. It sure is different, different than just about any forum I ever used.

·
Registered
938 Posts
@Administrator Please get rid of these banner ads. They waste so much space.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
And you don't see this when you click on a thread?
View attachment 289504

- Cricket
I'm just curious what the status is on fixing this problem. The screenshot I posted in another thread is from my Windows/Firefox PC but my Chromebook looks the same - there is no "Jump to Latest" option shown.

·
Administrator
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm just curious what the status is on fixing this problem. The screenshot I posted in another thread is from my Windows/Firefox PC but my Chromebook looks the same - there is no "Jump to Latest" option shown.
I am still not certain why you are not seeing it. I tested from Firefox and Chrome and it is there.

What version are your browsers?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't think it's so bad...there are a few more clicks to get to subscriptions which is annoying but I'm excited about the dark mode. And it is a bit cleaner visually.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am still not certain why you are not seeing it. I tested from Firefox and Chrome and it is there.

What version are your browsers?
I noticed it shows up AFTER I click on a thread. But that kind of defeats the purpose because clicking on a thread takes me to the first message. Are you saying it's now a 2-step process? I have to go the first message & then go to the latest message?

41 - 60 of 119 Posts