Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
"Waxing your charger" LOL

I'm going to use that tonight on the wife.

"Hey honey... wanna wax the charger tonight?!?" :grin:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
moparfan said:
"Waxing your charger" LOL

I'm going to use that tonight on the wife.

"Hey honey... wanna wax the charger tonight?!?" :grin:
Or polish the heads!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Buff the chrome?

I've skipped those pillars. By the way, just came back form the body shop. As mentioed before on this site my body guy was against the use of those new silicone based waxes (which of course I bought on a recommendation from a motorcyle magazine).

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Hemiready said:
Buff the chrome?
LMFAO! Yeah... after 16 years you have to come up with something funny once in awhile to get some! :devil:

body guy was against the use of those new silicone based waxes
Appreciate the info man.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
According to him they actually keep the paint from breathing (?) and prematurely age the car finish. I know that they say it is a ***** for the bodyshop guys to paint a car if that wax has been used sometimes.
I have a half used bottle of the stuff for sale cheap :whistle:
I actually bumped into a Maquires rep who was setting up the display in an auto store. He told me this new generation of "wax" is being introduced in response to some tougher fed regulations coming down on the ingrediants in the old waxes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello; My suggestion is talk to the dealer and see what they suggest on the waxing issue. On my 2003 ford pickup for example it has saddle leather seats. Some cleaners that you would normally buy the dealer says if you use them it could ruin te seats. If I had a seat problem the dealer would not talk to me unless I had used the correct cleaner that they want me to use. Now I know that some peole will say they are tyring to sell their product but if I do not give them any ammunition to use against me in case there is a problem then I believe I am better off. We all have invested alot of hard earned dollars in our Chargers so to spend a little more for some peace of mind is well worth it to me in the long run. This is only a suggestion and if I give you something to think about then maybe I might of helped you. In my opinion this is what this forum is all about anyway. Hope this helps you.
Sincerely;
Charles Brown

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I'm trying to get at is has anyone else waxed the black pillar? I would hate to do it and not be able to get the wax of and it stay that white color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As you may or may not know, you should not put wax on matte finishes or you may not get it off. The pillars are not exactly matte but they are not glossy either. I have not waxed the pillars and I probably will not. These are not meant to shine like the rest of the paint so why do it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts