Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I BARELY pulled 1/2 a car on him.
Anyone in socal familiar with glendale and the 2 freeway youll understand the types of people that drive these cars... Im minding my own business at 80mph when I see a blacked out aston martin V8 vantage zoom up besides me, young guy driving (like me) hah. Well he hits the horn 3 times and from 80-100 we were right in line with eachother and from 100-120 his front bumper was at the middle of my car. I let off and he just kept going.

I bet he wasnt expecting that :D

go ahead and flame....Ive heard take it to the track 4849203475097234 times and I do...but I couldnt resist against one of my favorite cars.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'll take the slings and arrows too. I would have done the same thing. I didn't buy this car to have rice burners and snobby BMW-owners show me up. They need to learn some respect for American Muscle. I don't look for these situations, but I'm not going to back down either (to a point).

I bet the Aston Martin driver has a different perspective on the Charger now.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Thats awesome man!! i would have done the same thing! Cool story!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
thats a hemi for your ass!!! :rockon:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Nice! great story. i would love to run up against one of those - heck i would settle for just seeing it in person.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Cool story and i bet you he wont be messing with a HEMI anytime soon.

·
Registered
270 Posts
He asked for it and the result is a bit surprising but it was probably a pre-2009 car which "only" had 380HP & 300-ish torque. These are fairly heavy cars but the SRT-8 outweighs it no doubt. The 2009 + cars are 420 HP, so maybe that would make up the difference. It also is more aerodynamic, since our SRT's are like a brick. When I test drove a 2008 Vantage V8, it was fairly nice and had "decent" power but raw speed is certainly not what you buy an Aston Martin for.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Yeah I always assumed I could beat a basic Aston Martin or Maserati. We have a ton near where I live.

BTW the weight of an Aston martin is almost exactly the same as the SRT8.

Clearly the Aston Martin is a world class luxury GT car, but it isn't a world class performance car. I can't imagine any car I would prefer to take on a road trip though!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I wouldn't say brick-like aero with a cd of .355

It would take a tuned SRT-8 to run with a V12 DB9. Especially at 80mph.

Nice run.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.
Im sure a DB9 would walk away from me. The V8 vantage is pretty closely matched with the SRT8 in terms of 1/4 mile times ect. I dont know if it was the 09 with the 4.7 or the 08 or older with a 4.3 but it was a good race none the less

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice story!!! Great run

·
Registered
424 Posts
RESPECT!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'll take the slings and arrows too. I would have done the same thing. I didn't buy this car to have rice burners and snobby BMW-owners show me up. They need to learn some respect for American Muscle. I don't look for these situations, but I'm not going to back down either (to a point).

I bet the Aston Martin driver has a different perspective on the Charger now.
x2, i bought a hemi to drive it not look at it, nice kill!

·
Registered
183 Posts
My mature side says take it to the track my kid side which comes out when driving these types of cars says good kill :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Meh no harm no foul... nice run. I do the samething.... if its an empty highway clear of traffic for miles ahead let um run. A few weeks ago a fellow cummins owner wanted to test my truck.... road was clear for miles.... pedal down... black smoke all over the place between the two of us... I looked down and the speedo was past 140 and the programmers speed limiter warning was buzzing at me LOL

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I hate to say it but I'd rather have one DBS or DB9 over 3 or 4 SRT's...

Or a collection, of SRT jeep, Challenger, Charger, 300, maybe even magnum.

It's a DBS, there's a charger on every corner, and I see one SRT per day.

I see one or two ASton Martin per year and the interiors = 100,000,000x better, handling is 100,000,000x better, and styling is much better.

The same thing I tell the guy with the 8 second civic.. Yeah you beat an SRT8 Charger but you still drive a civic. Everyone should know their place.

I still drive a v6 charger, even if it does have lots of mods.. it's still an intrepid.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Its true the vantage is "just" 420 hp, and that is the newest one, still, man props man, When I was setup with just heads and cam I pulled about 2 cars on a brand new M3, and those are "just" 404hp. Its not their power, its the fact that a car built with love and dedication can take a "super" car.

Mad props again, I'm sure you feel proud as all hell.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I hate to say it but I'd rather have one DBS or DB9 over 3 or 4 SRT's...

Or a collection, of SRT jeep, Challenger, Charger, 300, maybe even magnum.

It's a DBS, there's a charger on every corner, and I see one SRT per day.

I see one or two ASton Martin per year and the interiors = 100,000,000x better, handling is 100,000,000x better, and styling is much better.

The same thing I tell the guy with the 8 second civic.. Yeah you beat an SRT8 Charger but you still drive a civic. Everyone should know their place.

I still drive a v6 charger, even if it does have lots of mods.. it's still an intrepid.
Theres no question there... I'd take the DBS over alot of cars! But the OP was racing a v8 vantage which is still a sweet car too.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
yeah it's a good kill, just sayign though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts