Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed soon after I purchased my Daytona that the driver's side front door doesn't quite shut tight. It is hardly noticeable, but I see it in my mirror when I look down the side of the car and it bugs me. I have a pretty hectic schedule and don't want to waste time if it is not something that would typically be covered under warranty. Does anyone know if it should be covered? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
My passenger door droops just a hair. I dont know if it is warrantee or fixable by me.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
So I noticed soon after I purchased my Daytona that the driver's side front door doesn't quite shut tight. It is hardly noticeable, but I see it in my mirror when I look down the side of the car and it bugs me. I have a pretty hectic schedule and don't want to waste time if it is not something that would typically be covered under warranty. Does anyone know if it should be covered? Thanks in advance.
I had my dealer even out my uneven stock exhaust. Call them up and let them know, you should be able to get a feel as to whether or not you're wasting your time just by talking to them.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My Door Also has Slight Droop

My top banana drivers side door also has a slight droop that can be seen when you look in the mirror. Not noticable otherwise.

Let me know if it is fixable because it really bugs me also.

My passenger door droops just a hair. I dont know if it is warrantee or fixable by me.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Mine was the same way and the hood was way off, took it back, they repaired under warranty. 3/36000 bumper to bumper. thats what they told me!!

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Mine was the same way and the hood was way off, took it back, they repaired under warranty. 3/36000 bumper to bumper. thats what they told me!!
x2, that's the warranty, if they don't fix it they are full of you know what. anything that is off or doesn't look right to you should be fixed, end of story

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I might have a few body panels not perfect, but I have a certain tolerance level. Everyone level is different. If it bothers you that much, then have them fix it. They MUST satisfy the customer. Thats what its all about. :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
There is a list somewhere that has all the body gap tolerances (saw it but
forgot where), if they exceed those #'s they should fix it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'll add this:

This happened on my Ford. There was wind noise from the driver door. They actually did spent time, order parts, and "fixed" it. In the process, they adjust the hinge to close tighter.

Did they solve the problem? Not really. They actually made the door more difficult to close, unless you "slam" it, or use a heavier force.

Bottom line? Yes, you should be satisfied. But think about if you can live with it, or what the outcome can be. Could they mess things up more?

In my case, I think I would have been happy for them to just leave it alone.

"Yes, sir......you will hear a little wind noise going at 70mph. That's sort of normal."

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Bottom line? Yes, you should be satisfied. But think about if you can live with it, or what the outcome can be. Could they mess things up more?
Good advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts