Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to finalize paperwork on the 09 Bee. With the new lifetime powertrain warranty in effect, who would say the 3/36000 is sufficient? They want to charge another 2000 for the 7/70000.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
if something goes wrong, best 2k you'll ever spend... but very very few people ever have big troubles after 36k. You should also gain an intrinsic benefit of rental car.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
If you plan on doing heavy modding don't buy the extra warranty. If you plan on leaving it stock or doign mild modifications then I'd say get the warranty. It will give you peace of mind :bigthumb:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Just about to finalize paperwork on the 09 Bee. With the new lifetime powertrain warranty in effect, who would say the 3/36000 is sufficient? They want to charge another 2000 for the 7/70000.
I thought the lifetime powertrain warranty didn't apply to SRT products .... did that change ?

That might be why they're selling you the $2k 7/70k warranty ... because the car only comes with 3/36 being a Bee, which would be a SuperBee, which would be a Charger SRT8 SuperBee edition ... ;)

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
Let me say that I have purchased the extended warranty on every car that I have purchased new, but did so before the 4 years or 48 months. That gave me time to pay down the car and use the 3-36 in the process. However, my 300M, my 2005 Grand Caravan SXT and my SRT8 Charger all had or will have the Max Care warranties before the 4-48.

The Max Care paid for a lower bottom rebuild on the 3.5L 300M (got the car with 24,872 miles and the person didn't change oil properly with the dino stuff and scored two of the mains on the crank.) 3700.00 later (which I paid 100.00 deductable) the car runs like new and is quiet.

The Grand Caravan I use for BND Automotive to deliver, pickup chemicals pick up finished materials and take to the warehouse etc. The Max Care warranty rebuilt the transmisson, front suspension, replaced the sliding door mechanisms, fixed the air conditioning system, an egr valve and two catalytic converters. All for 100 dollars.

The Max Care warranty covers 5007 components and is well well worth every penny. I always take it at 48k or 4 years to 100K mileage and saved my bacon more than 5-6 times while getting a rental covered under the 100.00 deduct.

Just my experience.

Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
It all depends on how much you drive it really. If it is going to be your daily driver (like mine) and your going to be putting a ton of miles on it (like me, 2000 a month) then it is well worth it to extend the warranty for the mileage reason. If your going to use it as a "fun" car, then it may not be worth it. If your only going to be putting 1000-3000 miles a year then there's no reason to as your not going to put enough miles on it by the time 7 years rolls around for anything major to go wrong, assuming you didn't get a lemon.

I also question whether or not you have the lifetime powertrain warranty because I think the Bee is an SRT vehicle (or at least has the 6.1L) and as such the lifetime warranty does not apply to you. If it does however, you may want to think about the lifetime wrap (depending on how long you plan to keep the car) as right now they are letting me pay for 3 years on it with 0% interest, total price was $2875 which if you do the math, for me was well worth it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Don't buy the Chrysler warrenty at the dealer!! Buy it online. You'll save 40-50%. I saved 1200.00 by buying my 6 year/ 100,000 mile maxcare online at a dealer in PA. (Paid 1595.00 for it back in 2006) Its the same warrenty, but you don't pay the selling dealers mark-up. :bigthumb:

:driving:

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Don't buy the Chrysler warrenty at the dealer!! Buy it online. You'll save 40-50%. I saved 1200.00 by buying my 6 year/ 100,000 mile maxcare online at a dealer in PA. (Paid 1595.00 for it back in 2006) Its the same warrenty, but you don't pay the selling dealers mark-up. :bigthumb:

:driving:
The only problem with that advice, many of those companies go bankrupt after 3 or 4 years, only to reopen with a very similar name and operating with the same practice as before. As long as it's a Chrysler underwritten warranty, that's good, but there's a lot of fraud with extended warranties.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The only problem with that advice, many of those companies go bankrupt after 3 or 4 years, only to reopen with a very similar name and operating with the same practice as before. As long as it's a Chrysler underwritten warranty, that's good, but there's a lot of fraud with extended warranties.
What I was talking about is a genuine Chrysler Warrenty from a Chrysler branded dealer. I would never buy any other warrenty. Yes, some of those "other" warrenty companys will likely go out of business. Its only true genuine Chrysler warrenties for me. :driving:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info about the lifetime powertrain warranty. You were correct, does not apply to SRT-8 vehicles. Dealer here told me it did. Guess I need to re-read all the fine print before I accept delivery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts