Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many of us went the cheap route and bought the $50 intakes from ebay...they worked great the whole time I had it....but a warning to everyone who has one or wants to get one, make sure you check it everyday, I talked to the dealership that bought my car and the other day it was really hot, and a bunch of people were test driving it, and with the heat from the engine and the heat from outside, the rubber actually melted and the intake fell onto part of the A/C and ruined the whole A/C unit. so be carefull!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
hmm igot an ebay intake and the heat down here is crazy (FL) mine has never even gotten soft hell i have diven my car to and from NY a few times with no issue...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
are you referring to the coupler to the throttle body or the hose that is laying on tops of heads? if its the hose you speak of, they having it lay on direct heat then of course its gonna melt. other than that, those couplers are made from silicone which is good for hundreds of ambiet heat, not direct heat

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you referring to the coupler to the throttle body or the hose that is laying on tops of heads? if its the hose you speak of, they having it lay on direct heat then of course its gonna melt. other than that, those couplers are made from silicone which is good for hundreds of ambiet heat, not direct heat
yea it was the coupler.... so it must have been really crappy.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
well just hit up autozone.. they stock the spectre brand stuff, which is not that bad of product at all... just find the size you need and replace it.. i think they are less than 10bucks

·
Registered
12,630 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts