Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are options out there, but wanted to see what others are using and what results they are having. I'd like to be able to plug my charging cable into it as well since the wifes phone and mine take different cables. I use AA if that make any difference.

Something like this:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I know there are options out there, but wanted to see what others are using and what results they are having. I'd like to be able to plug my charging cable into it as well since the wifes phone and mine take different cables. I use AA if that make any difference.

Something like this:

It never bothered me plugging into the Charger for AA, but when I bought the 22 Durango, I was told it went wireless. Found out Uconnect5 is wireless, the Durango has Uconnect 4.

Working in it, I plug up 20-30 times a day for AA and that gets annoying. Found the Motorola MA1 dongle and it works like a charm.

Now the only reason I plug up the phone is to charge it on my way home in the afternoons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a Multimedia AI Box, that enables wireless connection with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Moreover, when I connect it to my Wi-Fi, it can use streaming apps. It made a irritating time for my wife go by so much faster and I didn’t have to listen to her complaining, which made for a much nicer 3 hour drive. Highly recommend!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I use the Motorola MA1 in another vehicle with AA. Works very well. While it is expensive, I wanted to use something I thought would work rather then trying device after device until I found a cheaper one that worked well.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I use the Motorola MA1 in another vehicle with AA. Works very well. While it is expensive, I wanted to use something I thought would work rather then trying device after device until I found a cheaper one that worked well.
I ordered mine online and only paid like $80 for it.....wayyyyy cheaper than a new Z Fold 3

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I have the MA1 on order. Plugging in was never an issue, but there were times I got a message and though I wish I had plugged in that time.....lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was on vacation last week, so didn't get to install it until over the weekend. Setting up seems to go with no issues and AA starts up before I'm out of the drive way. Yesterday I tried to make a phone call using the VR feature on the steering wheel for one of the contacts on my phone. Kept telling me it can't due to still updating contacts for voice commands (or something like that). But I did notice later if I hit the mic button in AA it will make a call using my contacts. I uninstalled AA on my phone and resinstalled, but same results.

Is this the way it operates or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Was on vacation last week, so didn't get to install it until over the weekend. Setting up seems to go with no issues and AA starts up before I'm out of the drive way. Yesterday I tried to make a phone call using the VR feature on the steering wheel for one of the contacts on my phone. Kept telling me it can't due to still updating contacts for voice commands (or something like that). But I did notice later if I hit the mic button in AA it will make a call using my contacts. I uninstalled AA on my phone and resinstalled, but same results.

Is this the way it operates or is there something wrong?
If I'm using AA, I don't even hit the buttons on the steering wheel. I tap the mic button and say "call the office" or whomever else I want it to call. There's other functions with voice like text, changing the radio etc. I do t use them though, I just hit the buttons.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I'm using AA, I don't even hit the buttons on the steering wheel. I tap the mic button and say "call the office" or whomever else I want it to call. There's other functions with voice like text, changing the radio etc. I do t use them though, I just hit the buttons.
Well, that's pretty much what I ran into. Guess AA kinda disconnects the steering wheel controls for VR. It did pop up with options, just noting for the contacts. Did try the mic later and that did work.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wireless CarPlay would be very convenient, lol. I have purchased one on the carlinkit official website , I have to say that the official website's after-service is so nice. If you encounter problems in use, they will give you a corresponding solution. I really like it and I recommend it to all my friends who have cars. now they are giving a 15% coupon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts