Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a '08 but the only prob with it is, the keys back cover is warped or something so it doesnt push down the battery properly, rendering the remote useless...i keep having to stuff a folded piece of paper in there to keep the battery properly in place...if anyone has a spare, name your price! my other option is buyin a whole new key!!! roughly 230, with programming. they cant/wont sell me just the back. suggestions also welcome!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
A lot of times ebay will have remotes for cheap especially if you only need the battery cover. Ive been lookin at ones for my 07 which i think are different than the 08s but keep in mind that if you want to get a new key to use or key blank or if you just need the electronics out of it you have to make sure the numbers on the back of your key match the one your getting.

Like for the 07s theres three #'s the IC: #, FCC ID:#, and the P/N: # where again for the 07s, mainly the IC# and the FCC ID# have to be the same, the part # can vary. Also when you search, search for charger key, dodge key and chrysler key to find the cheapest one. Hope this helps

Also, if you did go with the new key route, if you have 2 original keys, you can program the new ones yourself. Well, at least for teh 07s you can. It should be in your manual, i think near the beginning, i want to say something like page 17.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Have you tried checking with your dealer's Service Dept ?

It may be covered under warranty if you're still under 36mo/36k mi ....

·
Registered
748 Posts
I should have what you're looking for, just post a pic of key so I can ensure I send the correct one. $3 shipped.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
As mentioned, it should be covered under warranty. Take it to the dealer and get it replaced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the suggestions! i went to the dealer yesterday and they just wanted to get me a new key. its a '08, but im sittin at 38,200 miles...so i guess im not covered?

how exactly do i post pics on here? (noob) i'll glady send the $3 your way!!:rocker:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Just take a pic pf the key and upload it into the computer. Then go to photobucket and host the image. Just copy and paste the /img code into the thread.

·
Registered
261 Posts
a new 08 key is like 150 bucks or smoe **** ,, dealer owed me key when i got mine and i seen price on the invoice that they payed was like 150

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Just take a pic pf the key and upload it into the computer. Then go to photobucket and host the image. Just copy and paste the /img code into the thread.
It's just the standard '08 "key" which really isn't even a key per say. Sure, there is a key that you pull out the back just in case you need to unlock the doors if you lose power from the battery, but the "key" to start the ignition is just a fob with a square end you stick into the slot on the dash and trun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's just the standard '08 "key" which really isn't even a key per say. Sure, there is a key that you pull out the back just in case you need to unlock the doors if you lose power from the battery, but the "key" to start the ignition is just a fob with a square end you stick into the slot on the dash and trun.
yup thats it...im at work right now so i cant access photobucket or anything, but its just that fob thing and the battery cover is all funky...if thats what we are talkin about and you have the back, then hit me up and we can work out a deal

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
You can find complete 2008+ remotes on eBay for as low as $35 ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts