1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I personally have never experienced these specific brakes and rotors, but I have purchased a set that are almost identical to this set up from eBay on my old car ('02 Monte Carlo). Looked great at first and thought I was real happy, but I still would get a slight pulsation in the pedals that would never go away. tried switching sides with the rotors so slots and holes were going the other way and still no luck. btw, i was running ceramic pads on them and installed them myself---every time---in the cleanest and most damn near perfect of manners possible! And yet still, I had slight pulsation. So in short, it was not from this exact retailer and it was on a different car, but the "rustproof" black paint didn't hold up at all, I could never get rid of the slight pulsation entirely and I always had a squeak in the brakes no matter how many times I cut the rotors and re-installed everything..... but who knows, maybe these rotors/pads and the Charger will lead to a different outcome???? Me, I'm saving up for a big brake kit from Wilwood!!!

-Pat

·
Registered
129 Posts
While I cannot speak for the pads, changing rotors to anything of the same dimension will not net you any gains other than appearance. That's fine too, just keep it in perspective. Gains come from a larger diameter (leverage), wider (more mass and better cooling) or at the least; directional castings (better air flow). None of which are in the "normal' realm of aftermarket rotors. And changes in size won't fit.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
While I cannot speak for the pads, changing rotors to anything of the same dimension will not net you any gains other than appearance. That's fine too, just keep it in perspective. Gains come from a larger diameter (leverage), wider (more mass and better cooling) or at the least; directional castings (better air flow). None of which are in the "normal' realm of aftermarket rotors. And changes in size won't fit.
+1

·
Registered
68 Posts
I changed out to Power Slots and Hawk Street Performance Ceramic Pads. I couldn't stand the squeaking. I've been running with them for a month and a half now. So far, not one little, itty, bitty squeak! No more brake dust issues either. With the original pads, if my car was spotless, I would have to wipe the dust off the rims after about two hours of driving. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey there daytona 226, if you don't mind me asking, did you do all 4 wheels and what did you end up spending to do all of that.?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey there daytona 226, if you don't mind me asking, did you do all 4 wheels and what did you end up spending to do all of that.?
Not at all. Yes, I did all four wheels at the same time. I did the install myself, and the total cost was approx. $725.00 and about 14 hours of labor, mostly waiting for the caliper paint to dry. Keep in mind that I did totally remove the calipers to do it right. I wire brushed the hell out of them, because I wanted it to last. I also used 9 cans of brake cleaner, two and a bit per wheel.
Power Slots = $500.00
Hawk Pads = $140.00
Paint & Cleaner = $70.00
Decals = $8.00
Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.