Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to look into a performance driving school. Has anyone done one of these before, and what are the costs.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I knew a girl once who did the skip barber (sp?) racing school before... she said it was really fun, but i'm not sure how much she got out of it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I charge 1000 bucks and basically We get into your ride and I drive it like I stole it and you hold on for dear life and learn all you can!!:)

I would be interested in a racing course/school........

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Go to the SRT Track Experience....cost $500 unless you have bought a new SRT since Apr 05......a used one if the original owner didnt go....you get to beat up on Chrysler owned SRTs all day..

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Did it while in the service. Wild stuff like vehicle-to-vehicle transfer with target (bad guy) neutralization during live-fire exercises. Didn't cost me a thing and it was OK to destroy property. Those were the days!
:rockon:

Of course, I can neither confirm nor deny under oath all knowledge of any of these alleged activities, Senator!
:whistle:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I want to look into a performance driving school. Has anyone done one of these before, and what are the costs.
http://www.skipbarber.com/

If you're serious about racing or just want to learn how to drive at the limit without splattering yourself, this is a great place to start.

Best,

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I charge 1000 bucks and basically We get into your ride and I drive it like I stole it and you hold on for dear life and learn all you can!!:)
We must have come from the same school of driving as a few friends and coworkers have told me that they now know why the "oh $hit" bars are there. It's just funny to see how many people don't know what a "50 cent ride" is nowadays. Get in, sit down, shut up and hold on!!!:D

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
At least in WI and IL you can tag along with the Midwest BMW group track events.

They never mind having none Beemers on the track with them. Cost was only $500 for an entire day of on track time. Just need a helmet, the first day out you have to have one of the more experienced drivers in your car for the first half of the day.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
what about something like the MI state patrol goes through? Something where you can drive 4 door RWD sedans in real world situations?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about something like the MI state patrol goes through? Something where you can drive 4 door RWD sedans in real world situations?

Something like this would be ideal. Not really too fond of learning a nascar experience. More like an autocross type, or a real world handling experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts