Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
275/40's all the way around:
I got the tires installed today with road force balancing. First impression driving home on the highways was how quiet and smooth they are. I took the car back to some usual mountain twisties I frequent and felt much more sure footed. A couple of the 25mph turns where I typically hit at 50mph felt really stable. Usually with the RSA's I would break free just a bit and have to counter steer to bring her back around. The feeling I get with the Vredesteins...probably because of the tread pattern...is it always seeking to maintain grip and would have a much harder time getting loose or oversteering the corners.

After the handling test I took her to my favorite first gear, roll, 3000 rpm launch site I have right around the corner from my house. Since day one...or at least with the B&G stage II flash...I've ALWAYS been able to spin the tires though first and about half of second gear. Today I did it and and had about a half a second in first....and then a much stronger pull then I'm used to....and then a chirping of the tires in second.

Overall, I'm VERY happy with the initial performance of the tires. 275/40's all the way around look pretty cool as well. I paid $804.75 delivered to my door, and $132.00 road force balanced and installed. I'll have pics in a couple weeks when I put the KW's on her.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now those look sweet. How hot was it when you too em out for a spin? Just curious.
Probably around 70 degrees....same as it is every day here in San Diego! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump...for those looking for a bada$$ performing and looking tire. Not selling, just getting the word out on another great option.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, I have a quick question. Do you have / had any problems with rubbing the 275's? I am planning to put a set of these on my Daytona with a set if factory reproduction srt8 rims. After finding out that stock SRT8 rims will rub if you dont use spacers, I want to be careful with mounting aftermarket tire sizes on my car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where did you get em?

275/40's all the way around:
I got the tires installed today with road force balancing.
Overall, I'm VERY happy with the initial performance of the tires. 275/40's all the way around look pretty cool as well. I paid $804.75 delivered to my door, and $132.00 road force balanced and installed. I'll have pics in a couple weeks when I put the KW's on her.
Where did you get them from? Does the vendor have local shops that do the installation and balancing. Kind of like how the Direct Tire guys do?

I am considering the Nitto Invo's, I see that you have used them before. How do they compare to the Vreds?

Thanks for indulging me.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Seems members like these tires alot, looks nice!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Got mine from www.groupawheels.com..I love mine on the Daytona and I am going to put them on the SRT when I wear the stockers out(going fast)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just put a set of 275/40/20s on mine yesterday. Does anybody have any insights into the optimum tire pressure?

Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
harder to break the tires loose?....sounds like LESS fun.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've read a lot about how much better these tires (Vredestein) are than the SRT8 stock tires. One thing I haven't read too much about - has anybody got much experience driving on them in any kind of winter conditions? I realize they are not meant for this, but where I live (SW Okla), we have a mild winter, not worth having dedicated winter tires for, and I drive my SRT8 year round.

I am presently looking for new tires to replace my worn F1s. Would like to have a tire that I can have on my car year round. Another option I am looking at is the Yokohama Parada Spec X.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tire Pressure and TireVan

Does anyone have any recommendations on the optimum tire-pressure?

Also, any opinions on TireVan? (I am in Northern Virgina)

I just ordered 4 of these for my SRT-8. I blew my rear tire on a nail this morning. I guess it was time. I have the stock F1's with 21k on them.

Had my car towed to my home and am waiting on the tires to arrive day after tomorrow. Going to call TireVan to come and install them. Since I cannot drive the car anywhere I have no choice.

·
Registered
575 Posts
From what I read here, folks put around 34 - 36 lbs of air in the tires. I do about that - 35 lbs year round in mine. Sorry don't know anything about TireVan.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I've read a lot about how much better these tires (Vredestein) are than the SRT8 stock tires. One thing I haven't read too much about - has anybody got much experience driving on them in any kind of winter conditions? I realize they are not meant for this, but where I live (SW Okla), we have a mild winter, not worth having dedicated winter tires for, and I drive my SRT8 year round.

I am presently looking for new tires to replace my worn F1s. Would like to have a tire that I can have on my car year round. Another option I am looking at is the Yokohama Parada Spec X.

Thoughts?

I really cant recommend thse for any snow use. Below say 40, they lose a lot of traction. Colossus, I run 36 cold in mine, on my third set now, I think. Colosuss, you do know tires can be repaired, unless of course you damaged it riding on the flat for any distance. I wouldnt go for a top speed run on a repaired flat, or try for the lap record at VIR. But everyday driving on a properly repaired (plug patch from the inside, done right) tire is fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my charger came from the dealership with the 20" chrome dodge whels. the tires on it now are the ****ty GY RSA size 245/45/20. can I fit any other size tires on them? I've heard amazing things about these Vredestein tires but they dont make them in the same size as I have on there now......

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I've got 275/40/20s on my front wheels which are 20x8.5 alot of guys run 275s on all 4 corners they should fit the 20 stocks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got 275/40/20s on my front wheels which are 20x8.5 alot of guys run 275s on all 4 corners they should fit the 20 stocks.
They fit with 275/40 on all four corners. I car is on a pretty aggressive drop on all four corners as well (KWv2's) and have had zero rubbing. You can't go wrong with these tires.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
They are not recommended for rims less than 9 inches wide, I have to say.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts