Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fella's

I just had my viper 5900 installed by Audio Express in phx,az. I have been back 6 times already. The last time I was there the installer said he installed some diodes that would stop my remote start issues. This did not help the remote start still only works sometimes. When I press the remote start button twice my car will turn on but it will turn off after a couple of seconds then it will turn on again. It does this three times then stops.

The remote start also does not work when I am parked with the car running. I press the remote start twice until i see the indicator on my lcd and the my car turn off when i remove the keys.

One thing I did notice is that when I turn my car off the blinkers flash two times.

What do you think? Thanks for your time..

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
THE INSTALLER didnt hook up the brake switch wire or it has come loose-and as far as not starting he's going to have to use the dei part number [IOM-CHRYSLER-7] our cars have 2 starter wires and 2 ACC wires along with a factory starter diable and some have a factory alarm built in to the BCM if you have that option the part i just spoke about will turn on/off the factory alarm/bypass the factory starter kill only in remote start mode/lock-unlock the doors and pop the trunk/and it will run all 4 of the most important wires in the car [both starter and ACC WIRES] ITS A LITTLE PRICEY [$125 installed] but it only takes the installer 15 minutes to hook up instead of the all day B.S with relays and diodes and the problems. it makes the install alot cleaner and the most important thing is that the darn thing works every time

·
Registered
727 Posts
The same thing happened to me....When I first got the thing the guy showed me how to use the remote start the wrong way, and I didn't know till later that day I tried it and the car turned off and on taking three full cycles till off. I then checked the manual and found I was starting it the wrong way( He showed me to start it using a timer command). So even the when I would try to start it the right way the problem still persisted. To stop the timer I remote started it and just pushed the break, to dis engage the timer...

So the next day when I was gonna take it back to the dealer, I checked to make sure the problem was still there, and it wasn't?

All I can say is what I did....

REMOTE START It - Make sure you press the star key twice(on mine I have to press the star once then hold it again till it chimes for it to work?)

If it starts to cycle on and off push on the brake before the car shuts off again(this should disengage the timer)

Sleep annoyingly(at least 12 hours of not starting the car)....... Next morning try starting it with the remote start, and hopefully it stays on.

If this doesn't help and the dealer does not know what the hell the fix is, then they should be able to declare the alarm defective, and honor the lifetime warranty and install you a new one.

Hopefully this procedure can help!

BY THE WAY I DO HAVE THE IOM-CHRYSLER-7 MODULE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts