Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out. Whadda think?

Had this high-gloss black/silver vinyl carbon fiber around (got it from Avery about $70.00 for a 18" x 30 FT roll). Had this in my 2005 300, but the Charger was screaming for it too. I think it fits the car better. Take a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks Awesome... My Question Is On The Carbon Fiber Vinyl Is It Thin??? I'm Assuming So Because It Looks Like It Conforms To All The Curves Really Nice... Did You Have To Take Anything Off Of The Car Prior To Installation Or Did You Do It In Place??? Thanks For Your Feedback..

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
nCHARGE said:
Check it out. Whadda think?

Had this high-gloss black/silver vinyl carbon fiber around (got it from Avery about $70.00 for a 18" x 30 FT roll). Had this in my 2005 300, but the Charger was screaming for it too. I think it fits the car better. Take a look.
Looks good, very understated :happy:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1BADHEMI said:
Looks Awesome... My Question Is On The Carbon Fiber Vinyl Is It Thin??? I'm Assuming So Because It Looks Like It Conforms To All The Curves Really Nice... Did You Have To Take Anything Off Of The Car Prior To Installation Or Did You Do It In Place??? Thanks For Your Feedback..
Stuff is thin, about 4 or 5 mils I think. But very strong. Held up very good in the 300 for 17 months. When doing it on a warm day, it makes it even easier. Its very plyable, and if its chilly out... use a hair drier to warm it up. Nothing was removed when applying to the car. Just washed everything with ALC before sticking. Used and xacto blade to cut...s l o w l y, and a finger nail to tuck. If ya make a mistake... peel it off and do it again. No biggy. Have to to my ashtray again... got some small specks of dirt under the vinyl, and it made a few tiny bubble looking bumps. Gotta make sure everthing is clean. Easy, easy. Just takes time. Here's another shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks Good.... Thanks For The Info...i Appreciate Your Help....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
looks great man....nice mod...really adds a little something special to the inside.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like it!...Mine was alreay done from the dealer I locate the vehicle from. When I called on the car,he said that it had a carbon fiber mod done.I wasn't sure if I would like it or not,but when I saw it...WOW! Really makes a big difference inside.Much better than the brushed aluminum that comes from the factory. Here's a couple of BAD PICS of mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
nice pics billybob....man, i wonder what that would look like in the colored carbon fiber? that is really nice looking also.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Your car is Silver Steel right??.....you can't tell by the pics,but my carbon is a dark grey color.Might look good in yours also. I tell ya, I never thought I would like it,but I have to admit,it's much better than factory. All of my friends like it,and they usually don't go for that kinda stuff. It is also on the rear doors along the top of the armrest.I'll post more pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea... I seen your set-up at the dealer. Option with a special pinstipe saying Special Edition, had the dash kit, stripe along the side, and the chrome pillar posts. UGLY! (because of the faux stripe) 2300.00 option. I laughed. Friggin dealers will try anything. I like your dash kit though....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
Your car is Silver Steel right??.....you can't tell by the pics,but my carbon is a dark grey color.Might look good in yours also. I tell ya, I never thought I would like it,but I have to admit,it's much better than factory. All of my friends like it,and they usually don't go for that kinda stuff. It is also on the rear doors along the top of the armrest.I'll post more pics when I get a chance.

cool, got me curious.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not my thing .. maybe if they had a different color or texture.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I like it... except for the high-gloss finish. Does this stuff come with more of a matte finish or semi-gloss?

But I'm not knocking it -- remember beauty is in the eye blah, blah blah... and I still think it's kewl. Just about anything's better than the acres of plain plastic they come with.

·
Registered
177 Posts
what about the dash kits that i've seen in the adds on this forum. Anyone ever used it? I'm thinking of getting one when i get the cash

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
too darn cold yesterday, forgot to look at your carbon fiber.....dang.
Came across this one again, and realized it was yours Rich.

Next time...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PaCharger said:
too darn cold yesterday, forgot to look at your carbon fiber.....dang.
Came across this one again, and realized it was yours Rich.

Next time...
Yea, and I forgot to show ya's. Paul did notice though. The dam cold kept us from alot of things.... burrrrrrr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts