Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
They put a new car up against an Old Charger? wtf....

I thought it would had been an SRT-8 or something.

·
Registered
488 Posts
that thing only ran a 13.7 on that video ...they should of put it up against an SRT-8!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
It may just be me, but something did not seem right about the Charger's run. It seemed there might be some sandbagging. 13.7? My dad had a '66 396 Chevelle that would do the 1/4 in the low 13s.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
that thing only ran a 13.7 on that video ...they should of put it up against an SRT-8!
Yup, there is one of those flying slugs around here, but I haven't run across him, yet. :lol:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
115,000P? That's like $200,000.00!!! Don't know the current exchange rate, but damn!
You can take high tea and crumpets (Arfur, you there?) while on the drag strip in that thing. The Bentley is not made for the track!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Come on you call that a fair race :no:
That bentley is twin turbo, I bet if you take a NEW HEMI Charger an put in twin turbo It will smoke the s*** out of that bentley :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
My stock SRT will beat (not smoke the sh!t out of) that Bentley. A 13.7 1/4 mile time with 550hp? That puppy's a real tank!!!
Always something faster out there, and Bentley is not about the 1/4 mile time. It's about style, ride, and class. The fact that is is pretty fast too doesn't hurt. I'll bet it has immense top end and passing power on the highway!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I also think something was up with that Charger's run. I don't know the weight of the older Chargers but a 7 liter engine w/more torque then the Bentley it should not have been beat that bad, if at all. At 5000 lbs, the Bentley is definitely a tank.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Who cares which is faster.... No one buys a Bentley to go racing.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
The Bentley would take a SRT-8 Charger too, I'm sure.
You are sure because??? You had some grey poupon today? :lol: :lol: Not sure if you own a flying slug or an SRT-8.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts