Charger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Charger R/T AWD has recently started making a noise that I think may be transmission-related. I only notice the vibration noise when the car is cold (i.e. first time it is driven in the morning) and while I am slowly backing the car out of my driveway (with my foot riding the brake). After shifting into drive, I sometimes notice the intermittent vibration noise again, but it is brief and goes away after the car gets up to speed.

The very first time I heard the noise, it sounded like it was coming from the rear of the car. My first thought was something was rattling against the body of the car in the trunk, or possibly the new hidden hitch that I had installed was loose. I checked both the trunk and the hitch, but found no loose hardware.

For troubleshooting, I shut off all accessories (i.e. radio, A/C fan) but the noise persisted. The only thing I could do to make the noise go away was to shift the car into park. The noise was intermittent when shifting the car into reverse with a cold transmission.

I have only logged about 60,000 miles on my car, so it bothers me to think that the transmission could be acting up already.

Any ideas of what could be causing this issue? Any suggestions as to what to check next?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts