Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my charger last week, and have put over 1000 miles on it so far, lol. The other night, I totally floored the gas and spun the tires and upon takeoff, I noticed a loud vibrating noise in the rear of the car. Any ideas? I tried it with the traction control on and with it off, and it still does it. Also, with the traction control off, has anybody tried just laceing the gas, and will the tires spin, or will it just hook up and go?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Got this from the Charger Tranny Thread issue...

possibly?

Crazy_luck said:
There is a TSB for the tranny, there is a shudder when the torque converter clutches angage

TSB

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've only ever experienced the vibrating in the rear when the car was parked on a slight incline on wet grass. I put it in reverse to slowly back off the grass, both tires started spinning and it was a loud annoying vibration till I got back onto pavement. I just assumed it was the anti-lock brakes working in reverse (ie traction control).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have only also noticed a slight vibration but it is right b4 i come to a stop and it is also coming from the rear, i will pay closer attention in the future.

·
Registered
202 Posts
more than likely its traction control. even with esp off, it will kick in at a certain point. perfectly normal. there is a very small chance it is the torque converter as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts