Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dealer is closed till monday and I have a seemingly annoying vibration coming from the rear of the car that you can feel it through the steering wheel when accelerating from 40-80, and only when accelerating can anyone tell me what this might be to put my mind to rest :confused: o yea i have one bald tire in the rear i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Thank you :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I had a only sonetimes vibration and a rotation, rebalance fixed it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx man, I hope it is something as simple as a tire rebalance. I have some new nittos iam going to try to get on tommorw. Any other members want to chime in :beerchug:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I was going to say balance as well, always start w/ simplest solution:D

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Thanx man, I hope it is something as simple as a tire rebalance. I have some new nittos iam going to try to get on tommorw. Any other members want to chime in :beerchug:
Rebalance is an obvious place to start. If you are getting your new Nittos on tomorrow make sure you get road-force balance and torque the lugs right and you should be good to go!

If not, let us know and we'll try to help as always.:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Could be unbalanced or unevenly worn tires, outer tie rods going bad, or warped brake rotors...or some of each.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
If you have one bald tire and one good tire on the rear, this could cause the diff to be thrown off a little due to the difference in overall diameter of the tires and possibly cause a vibration as it tries to allow the wheels to turn at different speeds, but still keep torque to them.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for the responses, unfortenetly I got my new tires mounted and balanced and the problem is still there. O well I hope all goes well at the dealer tommorow.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
We have some Chevy Impalla fleet vehicles we use for work(GSA government) I've driven two and both had a high speed vibration coming from the rear.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My wifes silverado had vibration from the rear, was 2 U-Joints failing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts