Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question, I’m doing the vibrant 1794 mid mufflers as I’m deleting my mid mufflers to get that nice pure deep muscle car sound. I heard when you install these they are a little shorter then the stock mufflers so the exhaust shop needs to add some pipe in place, I just wanted to see if you all think I should bring like a foot of stainless steel pipe so they can cut off that and fill in the little gaps needed to complete the vibrant 1794 job or if they will have pipes there to use? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
A legit muffler shop will have their own pipe ready to go. Also, check this out. These may be the new hot thing vs the vibrants.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A legit muffler shop will have their own pipe ready to go. Also, check this out. These may be the new hot thing vs the vibrants.

Appreciate you! It seems like the vibrant is deeper then that and overall more pure, could be way wrong though lol I’m so stuck on what to go with. Vibrant 1794, race bullets, or now those lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Appreciate you! It seems like the vibrant is deeper then that and overall more pure, could be way wrong though lol I’m so stuck on what to go with. Vibrant 1794, race bullets, or now those lol
Yeah man I just saw that video today. So many choices, now lol. Then tomorrow someone will find something better.

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to stay stock or those choices as it is. When I had my 15 5.0 Mustang the choice was easy, go with Borla or Corsa full catback.

Reactions: scatpack15

·
Registered
17 Posts
That same youtube channel did a side by side but it's missing the vibrants.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah man I just saw that video today. So many choices, now lol. Then tomorrow someone will find something better.

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to stay stock or those choices as it is. When I had my 15 5.0 Mustang the choice was easy, go with Borla or Corsa full catback.
Yea I fully agree with you lol
I was in same boat with my mustang. Just gonna go with vibrant 1794 as I’ve heard they are deep and overall great sound while cruising and eco mode. Don’t want something absurd, just want louder start up and idle . So that seems perfect for me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome. I still can't decide. Still leaning towards staying stock but damn it I want a loud exhaust like my Borla ATAK was.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hey guys quick question, I’m doing the vibrant 1794 mid mufflers as I’m deleting my mid mufflers to get that nice pure deep muscle car sound. I heard when you install these they are a little shorter then the stock mufflers so the exhaust shop needs to add some pipe in place, I just wanted to see if you all think I should bring like a foot of stainless steel pipe so they can cut off that and fill in the little gaps needed to complete the vibrant 1794 job or if they will have pipes there to use? Thanks!
That's an excellent idea. They almost certainly won't have stainless steel pipe on hand, and it never ceases to amaze me when Charger owners will allow muffler shops to hack up their stainless steel factory exhaust and patch it with shiatty mild steel pipe that will start rusting on the way home.

You can generally find stainless pipe in 4' lengths at speed shops. Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. I still can't decide. Still leaning towards staying stock but damn it I want a loud exhaust like my Borla ATAK was.
Hahaha I feel you. Stock sounds great but to quiet for me, I want that deeper idle and start up without way to loud and annoying so I feel like the vibrant 1794 is perfect for me

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's an excellent idea. They almost certainly won't have stainless steel pipe on hand, and it never ceases to amaze me when Charger owners will allow muffler shops to hack up their stainless steel factory exhaust and patch it with shiatty mild steel pipe that will start rusting on the way home.

You can generally find stainless pipe in 4' lengths at speed shops. Good luck!
Appreciate you boss, gonna go to Home Depot and hopefully they have some t304 stainless steel piping around with a 3 inch diameter!

·
Registered
2020 Charger R/T Frostbite
24 Posts
Scatpack15, did you ever end up doing this? I've just started looking into doing something with my exhaust, and, to be honest, it's a little overwhelming with all of the options out there.

Just curious if you did it, and, if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scatpack15, did you ever end up doing this? I've just started looking into doing something with my exhaust, and, to be honest, it's a little overwhelming with all of the options out there.

Just curious if you did it, and, if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks
dude greatest thing I have ever done. loud as hell when you want it to be on WOT and sounds so pure and no drone. do it!!!!!!!! and i am very picky about exhaust and love it

·
Registered
24 Posts
dude greatest thing I have ever done. loud as hell when you want it to be on WOT and sounds so pure and no drone. do it!!!!!!!! and i am very picky about exhaust and love it
That’s awesome to hear. I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger because she’s so new and I am also very particular about the exhaust sound I want to hear. I think I may be sold on going this route.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s awesome to hear. I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger because she’s so new and I am also very particular about the exhaust sound I want to hear. I think I may be sold on going this route.
Thanks for the reply.
I was legit the same way, mine was brand new special ordered from the dealer and I am so picky on exhaust note as I wanted it deep and pure like the stock and that's exactly what the vibrant 1794 in place of the mid-muffler does! worth it extremely especially for the price and the amazing tone it keeps, and also stays quiet when in eco mode.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was legit the same way, mine was brand new special ordered from the dealer and I am so picky on exhaust note as I wanted it deep and pure like the stock and that's exactly what the vibrant 1794 in place of the mid-muffler does! worth it extremely especially for the price and the amazing tone it keeps, and also stays quiet when in eco mode.
Exactly the feedback I was looking for. I just wish there were more videos on YouTube with them on the 5.7. I think I’ve found just one. The rest are Scat Packs.
I’ve also been looking at the Dynomax Mini Race Bullets. They both sound good. I would love to hear them in person. Did you leave the resonators on? I’ve heard that really helps keep the drone down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Exactly the feedback I was looking for. I just wish there were more videos on YouTube with them on the 5.7. I think I’ve found just one. The rest are Scat Packs.
I’ve also been looking at the Dynomax Mini Race Bullets. They both sound good. I would love to hear them in person. Did you leave the resonators on? I’ve heard that really helps keep the drone down.
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT delete the rear resonators. I first installed dynomax mini bullets in replace of mid mufflers. It was too quiet for me while cruising (but it did sound perfect for high rpm). I decided to delete the resonators and it was drone all day. Sure it was louder (which I achieved) but at a price of drone. I ended up installing vibrant 1794's (which are resonators) in the rear of my scat and it eliminated most of the drone. one thing I noticed with the vibrants was it changed the exhaust tone to become much more deep. My exhaust now sets off car alarms while cruising, which the resonator delete didn't do since it was such higher pitch notes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT delete the rear resonators. I first installed dynomax mini bullets in replace of mid mufflers. It was too quiet for me while cruising (but it did sound perfect for high rpm). I decided to delete the resonators and it was drone all day. Sure it was louder (which I achieved) but at a price of drone. I ended up installing vibrant 1794's (which are resonators) in the rear of my scat and it eliminated most of the drone. one thing I noticed with the vibrants was it changed the exhaust tone to become much more deep. My exhaust now sets off car alarms while cruising, which the resonator delete didn't do since it was such higher pitch notes.
Thanks for the advice. That seems to be the consensus from everything I’ve read. Definitely plan on keeping the rear resonators. This is my daily driver, so minimal drone is a priority.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts