Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen countless videos online and comments within several forums about how the Vibrant 1794 mid-muffler swap makes their Charger sound great.

For anyone that has installed this mid-muffler mod OR has done a similar exhaust mod can you provide your experience of how dodge service departments have reacted in regards to warranty claims?

Modding a used car or a car no longer on warranty is one thing... but a new car or one with active warranty is my question/concern.

I am not looking for a hypothetical answer or the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 defense. I am interested in responses from people who have modded their exhaust who were under warranty and then had to make a warranty claim for their exhaust or other part of car and what Dodge's response was.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If you cut and weld your exhaust, the warranty is void. Period.

Now, as for the rest of your warranty, it's going to largely depend on your dealership/ service writer and how you talk to them about the work needing done. Some dealers won't warranty anything if 1 thing is altered.

I'm lucky enough that my dealer is very tune/ mod friendly and got a few things done under warranty with no questions asked. To say my car is modded is understating things a little lol.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I tried to use some of those pieces of junk as resonators on my 2013 V6, and also a set of the larger ones, #1141 "Ultra Quiet Resonator" (see pic) both sounded like absolute shit... think Honda with a big fart can muffler. The 1794's are laying around in my "take it to the dump" pile...

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you cut and weld your exhaust, the warranty is void. Period.

Now, as for the rest of your warranty, it's going to largely depend on your dealership/ service writer and how you talk to them about the work needing done. Some dealers won't warranty anything if 1 thing is altered.

I'm lucky enough that my dealer is very tune/ mod friendly and got a few things done under warranty with no questions asked. To say my car is modded is understating things a little lol.
Gotcha. So a full bolt-on Borla system would be fine? If I wanted to spend 2grand.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Luke at Steve White has said numerous times that a cat back is warranty legal.

But yeah removing mufflers from the stock system means your on your own and those actuators do go out occasionally.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts