Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hell yes. I've tinted at least 6 sets. Both mine and friends vehicles. In fact. '05 Ram Daytona, '11 Mustang, '10 Challenger R/T, 2012 Hyundai Elantra, 2006 Subaru, 2006 Charger, 85 Cadillac El Dorado. Soon 2008 Subaru and 2008 VW R32.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
mine are, they turned out pretty good!

·
Registered
747 Posts
This is 2 coats after about 8 months of sun, they're still looking good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yup. Just cover 2-3 coats with an equal amount of clear, wet sand em good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If your nervous about it, test it on an old trailer light. You can even buy one side for $8 at Walmart. Count how many coats you need to do until you find the effect you're looking for. That's what I did.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
One quick note to prevent cracking in the night shades as its some times hit or miss. Put 2 coats of clear down first and then let the night shades stick to it. Some lens plastic reacts to the vht and puts cracks in the paint. This step will prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just finished mine for the second time, this time I went darker. Four coats of VHT and 5 coats of clear. Came out awesome. Just remember this is illegal, and you could get ticketed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is 2 coats after about 8 months of sun, they're still looking good.

looks good.

If your nervous about it, test it on an old trailer light. You can even buy one side for $8 at Walmart. Count how many coats you need to do until you find the effect you're looking for. That's what I did.
thanks

One quick note to prevent cracking in the night shades as its some times hit or miss. Put 2 coats of clear down first and then let the night shades stick to it. Some lens plastic reacts to the vht and puts cracks in the paint. This step will prevent that from happening.
think ill just tint them doing the nite shades seems like too much hassle. i put plast dip on them for now as well as my rims

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You will think hassle if the night shades splits and cracks and you have to sand that sh!t back off. Just trying to help you out and plus it makes it easier to return to stock if you ever get a ticket or anything. A few coats of clear isn't anymore of a hassle then spraying the nite shades.

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts