Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I have the LockPick installed on my REN radio. Everything works great, I bought a VES console and it is missing the wire harness. The PinOut Diagram is on the bottom and I would like to extend the Video out from radio DVD to the rear VES screen. This VES is just the screen no DVD installed and it has RCA jacks in as well. I thought it would be as simple as matching up the Video & Audio out to the ins and tada it would be done. Well it is however I am not sure what pin is which vith the video or audio... There are two plugs one has 10 pins and the other has 22. All I want is to push video to the back screen using DVD in the radio with the LockPick video outs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

10 Pins Are:
1 -
SDARS_V Video Sig
2 - SDARS_V Audio Sig Com
3 - SDARS_V Audio Sig LT +
4 - No Connect
5 - No Connect
6 - SDARS_V Video Sig Com
7 - SDARS_V Video Shield
8 - SDARS_V Audio Sig RT +
9 - No Connect
10 - No Connect

22 Pins Are:
1 - Battery
2 - Audio RTN 1
3 - Audio LT 1
4 - Audio RT2
5 - CAN +
6 - CAN -
7 - Video Shield 1
8 - Audio LT 3
9 - Audio RT 3
10 - Video Com 2
11 - Video Signal 2
12 - Audio LT 1
13 - Audio RT 1
14 - Audio RTN 3
15 - No Connect
16 - No Connect
17 - No Connect
18 - Video Signal 1
19 - Video COM 1
20 - Audio RTN 3
21 - Video Shield 2
22 - Ground

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Did you see the Video out from VES tutorial?

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=30824

I added a post on page 5 showing how to do it with an RCA splitter. Subsequent to that I removed the splitter and instead plugged in both of the RCA connectors I added to a pair of RCA cables - one from the side closer to the connector to the 'video in' on the mygig, and, more relevant to your question, a second one from the screen side to the 'video out' on the mygig. Should do just what you want it to. I've got video going in both directions.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J_Mezz -

Very cool and this is someting I want to do. Thank you for the post it is very detailed. However the VES I have doesn't have the DVD player in it. The wiring on the post is very different from what I have.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I saw that you didn't have the dvd player but I thought the cable I intercepted was attached to the screen so it would be there somewhere. oh well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I have is the plug I don't have the wiring harness just the plug and pins with what they do. I went to a dealer and they told me I could not buy just the harness. Went to a few junk yards and no one has any of these yet. Oh well 600 bucks down the drain...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts