Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just purchased a 2012 charger sxt. Great shape, well taen care of. But has 1 issue.

From my defrost vents, i get minimal heat, enough to melt the snow/ice but thats it.

When i select front vents or floor vents, i get ALMOST no heat. I have the heat selected to max heat. The heat on my 17 ram sport is incredible.

The car has duel zone climate control as well.

I had the cooling system flush and i replaced the thermostat and burped the system. No change.

I have been reading about the blend door/blend door actuators.

If this is the case. On which side is the correct door/actuator located?

I thought it may be a plugged up heater core. But both hoses are hot.

Any suggestions or fixes?

My last charger was an 06 SE and was nothing like this car.

I wil be doing the work myself as i am very mechanically inclined.. i just need it done soon as im in canada and currently freezing my nuts off while driving to work, but i dont want to just toss part after part on this car..do it right the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Offal"
Congrats on the new to you Charger. It sounds like you have your issue narrowed down to a blend door or actuator problem. Hopefully the offending parts can be accessed without dash removal as is required in some cases. Thankfully, my '14 has not given me any of these "presents" to date. Those who have done it will surely chime in, and offer guidance.

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was thinking. But i am unsure of WHICH blend door or actuator i need to be looking at as there are a few.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Any difference when you have the HVAC in "Auto" mode versus manual mode? Fan speeds change when you change the controls? Problem could be the blend-air actuator or any of the HVAC temp sensors. There are several HVAC diagnostic trouble codes. If you can get access to a OBD2/CAN scanner that can read all codes (not just powertrain codes), plug it into the car's OBD2 port and see if any HVAC codes have been logged. The HVAC codes are all Bxxxx codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts