Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I just want to say hi seeing that I'm a new member here. I'm having a little problem with finding the perfect speaker upgrade though.

I have a Charger 2010 SXT wit the 4 Speaker system. I know that my model had 6x9 speakers in both the front and back. I also know enough about RMS ratings and AMPS to not buy an uneven system. I However, I am mucho mucho confused about finding the perfect speaker sizes, and finding out what exactly fits.

I've been to crutchfield 29452395729 times, and apparently they have only 1 size 6x9 speaker that fits in my car, and only in the rear. I've compared it to other 6x9 speakers, and found almost no difference in Bottom-mount depth and Top mount depth. Right now I'm looking at either a 6.5 or 6x9 component system in the front, with 6x9 or even 6.5 coaxails in the back. I'm also going to get an AMP for it, but it's a little hard to do that when I don't even know what speakers I'm going to get.

I just need to know if there really is only1 size 6x9 speaker that fits in the car, and if there isn't then I could use some good recomendations for my system. I'd really really appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i'm not sure as to the exact sizes, but all of these will fit....

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off, I just want to say hi seeing that I'm a new member here. I'm having a little problem with finding the perfect speaker upgrade though.

I have a Charger 2010 SXT wit the 4 Speaker system. I know that my model had 6x9 speakers in both the front and back. I also know enough about RMS ratings and AMPS to not buy an uneven system. I However, I am mucho mucho confused about finding the perfect speaker sizes, and finding out what exactly fits.

I've been to crutchfield 29452395729 times, and apparently they have only 1 size 6x9 speaker that fits in my car, and only in the rear. I've compared it to other 6x9 speakers, and found almost no difference in Bottom-mount depth and Top mount depth. Right now I'm looking at either a 6.5 or 6x9 component system in the front, with 6x9 or even 6.5 coaxails in the back. I'm also going to get an AMP for it, but it's a little hard to do that when I don't even know what speakers I'm going to get.

I just need to know if there really is only1 size 6x9 speaker that fits in the car, and if there isn't then I could use some good recomendations for my system. I'd really really appreciate all the help I can get.
the two in the front are 6x9 2 ways..the magnet is smaller than the 3 4 and 5 way that fit in the back....they never tell u that till after u buy all 4 6x9s

·
Registered
306 Posts
the door mounting bracket is the issue up front with alot of 6x9's, you will have to trim the plastic bracket to make some 6x9's fit. If that is ok then speaker options open up alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts