Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some nice BT superbee centercaps...but somehow got a charger without any valve stem caps. Im thinking Billet tech could make me some matching Bee ones? but heard that metal/aluminum could interfere w/TPMS

So do any of the customizers on here have any cool ones i could look at (post pics) and where did you get them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Patrick made a useful post :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Pat, what are those on the inside? My concern is that if they are not a compatible metal, there could be dissimilar metal corrosion. Hendge, its not that metal ones interfere with the TPMS signals, but that they corrode the valvesten, and when you remove them, the valve stem just snaps off, making you buy new sensors.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Pat, what are those on the inside? My concern is that if they are not a compatible metal, there could be dissimilar metal corrosion. Hendge, its not that metal ones interfere with the TPMS signals, but that they corrode the valvesten, and when you remove them, the valve stem just snaps off, making you buy new sensors.
I'll check...but I believe it's ABS... I've had this kind on both my chargers thru 2 winters with no problems:beerchug:

EDIT: Tire Valve Stem Caps made from ABS composite materials

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I'll check...but I believe it's ABS... I've had this kind on both my chargers thru 2 winters with no problems:beerchug:

EDIT: Tire Valve Stem Caps made from ABS composite materials
Quite serendipitous, this, seeing as the tire guy lost two of my silver plastic stockers and replacved them with black ones.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
:rocker:pat do u just sit on the net findin all the coolest shirt for our cars all day or what?? ...lol
capt Jack rules.. rum all round:beerchug:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just used some red dice with a metal cap inserted into them that I found on ebay. 35k miles and about 2 years later, still no problems. They even match the TorRed paint, and my red fuzzy dice.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, okay...i've finally got a thread that's goin somewhere!

Patrick - You 'da man! Thanks Bud!

GLHS - As usual, thanks for the excellent info.

Good idea 'nightops'!

Keep 'em coming people...leaning towards copying our king of threads, but looking for any more crafty ideas. Something in the $10 range is about what i would hope to spend.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Ok, okay...i've finally got a thread that's goin somewhere!

Patrick - You 'da man! Thanks Bud!

GLHS - As usual, thanks for the excellent info.

Good idea 'nightops'!

Keep 'em coming people...leaning towards copying our king of threads, but looking for any more crafty ideas. Something in the $10 range is about what i would hope to spend.
sending you PM:cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
:slap:

Shut up and SPEND, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!! The economy needs you man, dont shirk!!!!
Can't really complain about me. I did the math and start to finish in the 15 months I've had the car I've spent $10,000 CDN in mods. UPS, USPS and Fedex have also sunk their fangs in pretty good. Considering I blew over a grand within days of LX&B last month, I figure I'm okay to be circumspect over the next $30.

But don't worry. The to-do list is ever-growing. I've got my eye on about $1,500 worth of crap already. Again.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Can't really complain about me. I did the math and start to finish in the 15 months I've had the car I've spent $10,000 CDN in mods. UPS, USPS and Fedex have also sunk their fangs in pretty good. Considering I blew over a grand within days of LX&B last month, I figure I'm okay to be circumspect over the next $30.

But don't worry. The to-do list is ever-growing. I've got my eye on about $1,500 worth of crap already. Again.
$9,999 of that is in BT stuff:bigthumb:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have these SRT valve stem caps on my car. They look good, are made from stainless steel and are pretty cheap price wise. Got them at autotrucktoys.com They also have caps with the Dodge Rams head on them, plus alot of other cool and unique valve stem caps.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I have these SRT valve stem caps on my car. They look good, are made from stainless steel and are pretty cheap price wise. Got them at autotrucktoys.com They also have caps with the Dodge Rams head on them, plus alot of other cool and unique valve stem caps.
I bought those same ones but I'm afraid of somebody swiping them so I only put them on once in a while.

I bought these from AutoZone for daily use. They look good, they're inexpensive and they have a plastic insert to eliminate corrosion.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I bought theses same caps except they had the MOPAR logo. I had a TPMS fail a moth later. They had to replace it.

WARNING: There is i note in the service manual that says not to replace the oem caps if you have TPMS.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I already detailed the issue with non-oem caps. If you use anythng besides plastic, you stand a chance of failure, unless it has a plastic insert.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts