Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently there are some kids in the neighborhood that are stealing valve stem caps off our cars. I have no idea why. But anyway, someone took one off my Charger.

I saw some on e-bay that had R/T on them for about 10 bucks.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Dakota-Daytona-CHARGER-MAGNUM-RAM-R-T-LOGO-VALVE-CAPS_W0QQitemZ290167588440QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33747QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Anyone have these, or any other custom valve stem caps?

What do you guys think? Cheesy? Should I just go get another plastic one, or what?

Thanks in advance for any pics/comments,

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
As I was told....with the TPS on the cars, you're not supposed to use anything but the little gray caps that came on them. I'm too chickensh.. to tempt fate so have not changed mine. I would think that adding a set of custom ones would invite the little [email protected] to commit the thieving even more.

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I was told....with the TPS on the cars, you're not supposed to use anything but the little gray caps that came on them. I'm too chickensh.. to tempt fate so have not changed mine. I would think that adding a set of custom ones would invite the little [email protected] to commit the thieving even more.
My last car was a 2006 Impala SS with TPS, and it had some fancy metal valve stem caps. I wouldn't consider replacing those. But the ones on the Charger are just cheap little plastic ones, so I can't imagine how swapping them out would make a huge difference...anyone have any comments on that?

Thanks again.

-=FLEX=-

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a set of ram head caps with red a background similar to the posted ones and I haven't had any TPS issues at all.Their chrome plated plastic so the weight differance can't be much.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Save your money...

Flex,

Save your money; just use the cheapo plastic caps. That way, you'll be able to afford a BB gun to shoot the lil' [email protected] in the @ss!

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flex,

Save your money; just use the cheapo plastic caps. That way, you'll be able to afford a BB gun to shoot the lil' [email protected] in the @ss!
LOL. Good idea. Hmmmm...eons ago, when I was a teenager, I had a C02 powered replica .357 Magum pellet gun. I wonder if they still sell them.:smoke:

·
Registered
702 Posts
LOL. Good idea. Hmmmm...eons ago, when I was a teenager, I had a C02 powered replica .357 Magum pellet gun. I wonder if they still sell them.:smoke:
yep, they sell 'em like hotcakes. The japanese are hella into airsoft gun games right now, so this a very viable market for toy gun makers.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
On cars with Tire Pressure Monitering your supposed to use valve caps with the tiny round rubber seals in them. Look inside your valve cap, you should see it. You need this seal to keep water and crap out of the expensive TPS stems. :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Most of the aftermarker valve caps already have seals in them. Just check inside, you can usually see it. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have the rt caps...they go on good and tight with the wrench they give you....the only problem i had was when tighening with the wrench the rubber o rings get forced into the valve stem then you cant put air in tire....so i no longer have the rubber air ring,and i cant see how water or dirt can get into the valve stem....

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have the rt caps...they go on good and tight with the wrench they give you....the only problem i had was when tighening with the wrench the rubber o rings get forced into the valve stem then you cant put air in tire....so i no longer have the rubber air ring,and i cant see how water or dirt can get into the valve stem....
I can't either...

And anything has got to be better than not having one on in the first place, which is what I have now; someone took it off the first week I had the car. Little brats!

I had forgotten all about it until my neighbour told me that someone stole all 4 of the valve stem covers off his brand new Nitro...

Like what the heck enjoyment can these kids get from little pieces of plastic. Maybe it's just the thrill of it? I dunno...

Anyway, thanks everyone, I think I'll try the locking R/T ones that are on ebay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts