Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year, I will be heading down with my family to Wildwood. We will be staying in Cape May from August 5th to August 13th.

Any meets or get togethers happening in that week? Would be cool to meet up with some fellow board members and see how you guys roll!!!

Let me know.

Curtis

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one's from around that part of Jersey?

·
Registered
629 Posts
im one of 230 members of the nj mopar group, so there are definitely plenty of us in the garden state! We have weekly meet and greets on tuesdays in brick at dunkin donuts and on thursdays in millburn (north jersey), but nothing down that far. I believe a few members make the truck up to brick from down south. Check out our club site, www.njmopargroup.com for a full listing of our events!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll be checking that out! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
748 Posts
I love Wildwood. This is actually the first summer in about 10 years that I haven't made it down there. Me and group of friends usually stay at Adam's Hotel. Place is right on the boardwalk and the rooms are HUGE and cheap.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love Wildwood. This is actually the first summer in about 10 years that I haven't made it down there. Me and group of friends usually stay at Adam's Hotel. Place is right on the boardwalk and the rooms are HUGE and cheap.
Good to hear that you love Wildwood...we've never been there although the couple we are vacationing with have gone for the past few years and love it too! We'll be staying at a campground about 4 miles from the coast...but we don't mind...it's cheaper!

Btw, this would prob be a good opportunity for a local to save $150 on shipping and fees for your wheels ;)
No kidding, except...I'ma have to drag those babies behind me!!! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, eh? That's what I'm hoping to hear!!! Thanks...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Good to hear that you love Wildwood...we've never been there although the couple we are vacationing with have gone for the past few years and love it too! We'll be staying at a campground about 4 miles from the coast...but we don't mind...it's cheaper!

No kidding, except...I'ma have to drag those babies behind me!!! :biggrinjester:
The boardwalk is like a 2 mile long carnival/arcade/amusement park, it's the ****. Just off the boardwalk there's a waterpark as well. It think it's called SplashZone.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The boardwalk is like a 2 mile long carnival/arcade/amusement park, it's the ****. Just off the boardwalk there's a waterpark as well. It think it's called SplashZone.
Sweet!

Do you know what the water temps are, on average? We have been to Old Orchard (water fairly cold--most days), and to Cape Cod (North Truro--where the water was more enjoyable than Old Orchard). I figure it to be warmer than Cape Cod...and that would be a good thing, not for me, but for my wife.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sweet!

Do you know what the water temps are, on average? We have been to Old Orchard (water fairly cold--most days), and to Cape Cod (North Truro--where the water was more enjoyable than Old Orchard). I figure it to be warmer than Cape Cod...and that would be a good thing, not for me, but for my wife.
I'd assume high 60s-low 70s this time of year.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I was in Wildwood 2 weeks ago....we spent an entire day on the boardwalk, it was a blast!!! Morey Pier runs all three parks so we bought a family pass and just went for it!!! I liked the powered go carts underneath the second pier...that was the best ride, my son and I had a blast....have FUN!!!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was in Wildwood 2 weeks ago....we spent an entire day on the boardwalk, it was a blast!!! Morey Pier runs all three parks so we bought a family pass and just went for it!!! I liked the powered go carts underneath the second pier...that was the best ride, my son and I had a blast....have FUN!!!
Thanks! I'll be checking the parks out for sure...I have a 13 year old stepson...I'm sure he'll want to go!!! :rocker:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SO, I'll be taking the I87 South to New Jersey...where is the cheapest gas...or is it pretty consistent throughout the state of NY? Also, is gas normally cheaper in NJ then NY? Just wondering...

·
Registered
748 Posts
SO, I'll be taking the I87 South to New Jersey...where is the cheapest gas...or is it pretty consistent throughout the state of NY? Also, is gas normally cheaper in NJ then NY? Just wondering...
If you can hold off on getting gas until you hit NJ you'll save $.20-.30 a gallon. NYS taxes the **** out of fuel.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you can hold off on getting gas until you hit NJ you'll save $.20-.30 a gallon. NYS taxes the **** out of fuel.
Thanks for the tip! I will probably put SOME gas in upstate NY just to make it NJ...and then fill up on my way out of NJ for sure!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys, I'm just wondering if anyone is from Albany NY here...

We'll be leaving on Tuesday, and stopping overnight in Albany rather than leaving at 4am Wednesday morning.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on where to stay/what to avoid??? I think paywithdeath is from Albany...I believe he delivers pizza in his Gomango...are you here? Talk to me man!!! Hell, I'd be up for some pizza when we get there around supper time!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Guys, I'm just wondering if anyone is from Albany NY here...

We'll be leaving on Tuesday, and stopping overnight in Albany rather than leaving at 4am Wednesday morning.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on where to stay/what to avoid??? I think paywithdeath is from Albany...I believe he delivers pizza in his Gomango...are you here? Talk to me man!!! Hell, I'd be up for some pizza when we get there around supper time!
It's been a while since I've been up that way, but from what I remember there were some cheap places near UAlbany & Crossroads Mall.

Also, not sure if this would interest you and the fam, but just south of Albany there's a drive-in movie theater http://www.hiwaydrivein.com/schedule/

1 - 20 of 32 Posts