Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been following this as well since I am going to get my car done soon. They have amended the bill to take out the extra fee part during a state inspection. It passed the House and I believe it was then referred to a transportation committee so hopefully it will pass. 35% looks way better than 50% on the front windows. I usually get them done in 35% anyway!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we hope it passes, getting 18% on rear and 35% on all sides in the morning lol

They should remove the extra inspection fee, to isolate those with tint only to pay the extra fee is crap but if thats what it takes to get darker tint, we're more than happy to spend $4 a year lol

They should do away with any regulations all together, and make it mandatory to put all windows down when pulled over, we see no problem with that.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Getting my windows tinted this week the tint shop said this bill did not pass so the front window tint law in VA is still 50%. I'm getting 35% anyway!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just be happy you're allowed to put tint on teh front windows.
Vehicles registered in NJ are not allowed to have ANY tint on the front windows.
However, because so many people still do it (like me:) ) most cops don't even bother.
Unless they want to be d!cks and mess with you.
Up here, tint on front windows is as common as jay walking, still illegal, but so many do it till it's the norm.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I hope it does change but all mine are illegal anyway. I always go with 20% all around and it looks closer to 35% than 50% lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I rather get rid of those front plates.
I dont have a front plate on the car, I refuse to put holes in my baby.
Just be careful, my sister just got a ticket for that very thing this past week in her Torred Charger R/T!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cops in Fairfax County, VA & State Cops in General are jerks when it comes to this. My husband and I have received more tint tickets than the law allows.. We've had cops pull over, ticket us with the meter and tell us "nice ride" what *****s! I do also understand they have a job to do as we all..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Her in Jersey tint on the front windows is like J-walking.
Yeah, it's illegal, but because so many people do it, most cops dont bother.

UNLESS.....You're driving like a complete jerk

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Cops in Fairfax County, VA & State Cops in General are jerks when it comes to this. My husband and I have received more tint tickets than the law allows.. We've had cops pull over, ticket us with the meter and tell us "nice ride" what *****s! I do also understand they have a job to do as we all..
You can't get only so mad about that, you knowingly had illegal tint installed, basically gambling getting tickets...maybe you should, I dunno, change your tint considering it seems to be such an issue for you. :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts