Charger Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm just curious, why is there such a comparison between the V6 and the V8'S. Sure, they have the same name, same general body shape, wheelbase and some similar electronics (depending on equipment), but they're not really even CLOSE to being the same car. I mean, there's a huge diff between the 2.7 and the 3.5. There's a huge diff between the 5.7 and the 6.1. But, for some reason, whenever someone owns a V8 and drives a V6 or owns a V6 and trades to a V8, there's this HUGE rush of realization that...OMG...THE V8 IS COOLER THAN THE V6. I mean, really chargerforums...REALLY? Is this not obvious? I honestly don't think anyone who owns a V6 said to themselves..."hmm...I think I'll take the V6 cuz it's better than the V8...no no. I can afford the V8 and I can afford the few extra bux in gas, but I'd just rather get teh V6 cuz that's how I get down." I don't think anyone said that. I mean, those of us in the 3.5 (and the diff btwn the 2.7 and 5.7 is so huge that anyone who mentions it should be slapped in the mouth repeatedly until their head bleeds a bit) didn't get it because it was the most awesome choice. It was more so a good balance of praticallity and some performance while still under the Charger name. If anything, the HEMI guys should be taking us under their wing like a little brother; you know, teach us how to pick up chicks and buy us our first beer and/or nudie flick...stuff like that. Instead, HEMI guys bash on us like we drive Civics or something...like we're Chris and they're Edward C. Bottomtooth III. Well, we're NOT Chris. We're more like Peter and you're Cleveland or maybe even Joe...Quagmire if you'd like to stretch. Either way, I just don't feel a whole bunch of GIGGIDY GIGGIDY!!!!
Sorry for slipping into the FG reference, but it made me feel better.
I'm just saying, we should unify...not...de..or..uhhh...un-unify? Well, you know what I mean. Peace out.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
LOL love the rant bro! Too funny, you made my afternoon! Its very true though. I got my car in the 3.5 because of the color... I love the vanilla and there arent any around my area, so its very original around here!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Dude that Cool Vanilla is a color that is no more on the Chargers. I hear it was canceled after a very short run. So your car is even more valuble than you think. V8 or V6 t o me it`s a CHARGER

Scott

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I only know of 2 or 3 people who ever really start anything about 6 v 8.

·
Registered
334 Posts
rantin feels good huh? i love it at least
you feel 10lbs lighter everytime

but yeah if that's the deal, then they should ease up a bit, we drive the same body, it's just we aren't ballers like they are to afford a badass HEMI

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Dude that Cool Vanilla is a color that is no more on the Chargers. I hear it was canceled after a very short run. So your car is even more valuble than you think. V8 or V6 t o me it`s a CHARGER

Scott
Yup I found that out on these forums!! I havent seen any around my area, then it got confirmed on these forums that there were only 2300 or so made in north america. :)

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Arf likes beer. V6 brewed or V8 brewed. Makes no difference......

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The Vanilla is very cool 6 or 8. Us big dogs will be looking out for you. welcome to any cruises I would go to.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
It's not even like that...First off, you got guys that pretend to be ballers and get the base model charger and buy some cheap 22s or 24s and got the windows down, and the volume loud acting cool, and then they roll up next to me who got an RT, and act all cool, like they are better...well sorry I will put you in your place and speed off and leave you there. It's ricers and wanna be ballers that makes fellow charger owners compete..I'll see an SRT8 and try and drive next to the guy and say sweet car, or compliment them..I dont try and race em. There will always be a hater to make problems begin.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wowwww... No doubt some Hemi guys bash v6'rs. But I can only speak for myself when I say I'm a fan of Chargers period. A lot of us here including myself traded up from V6's. I try not to compare, but hell yeah I love to see people get excited about trading up, regardless if it's from 2.7 to 3.5 or 5.7 or Srt8 6.1. I remember how excited I was. It was symbolic to me. I'm 27 married kids, decent job, house in the burbs and ever since I was 16 I tried to do the responsible, sensible things in my life to get ahead. Top Banana Daytonas were my dream cars from the first time I saw them. I got a V6 because Price, gas mileage, the responsible thing to do, blah, blah, blah...... I went out on a limb and was able to make my dream car happen, and the only thing I regret is not doing it from the start. I just feel that people should follow their dreams if they can make it happen. I know a lot of people can't afford what they want, but some people(including myself at one time) can, but are scared to go out on a limb and be happy. I loved my V6, it was a great car. But my Daytona is my dream car. Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've never really noticed a "rivalry" between v6 and v8. I'm sure your referring to one or two specific instances and with any large group there will be some bad apples. Loved the FG references. Best show was when Quagmire had the Chinese sex slaves in his garage and trunk. Peter's farting competition with Michael Moore was pretty funny as well.

Oh yeah, 6 is only 2 less than 8 so it’s no big deal to me. We are all in a charger!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to admit that my V6 is almost looking and sounding like a V8, but every time somebody ask me what engine I have I proudly say "no it's not a HEMI, it's a V6", because I have "only" a V6 and less of a monthly fee for gas and Bank,so I can effort the little upgrades what I couldn't with the even only an RT, I'm proud of my Baby and I'm pretty sure that by next year we will be able to get easily well over the 300HP mark without the SC!!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah. My rant was in reference to a few different instances. Honestly, TAC KING, I'm more in your situation. I'll probably trade up to a HEMI after I get a 3rd car. I'm debating what I want to work on (3rd car). Hopefully when the Chrysler rep comes back to the area, I'll get another chance to drive his Torred SRT-8. Damn rain effed me up the 1st time.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I like BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Chargers, all of em

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I love all Mopars :love: and no I don't get the stupid cliqueish / pee contest behavior either. If anything I'm bummed when V6 drivers don't give me the time of day. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
It's not even like that...First off, you got guys that pretend to be ballers and get the base model charger and buy some cheap 22s or 24s and got the windows down, and the volume loud acting cool, and then they roll up next to me who got an RT, and act all cool, like they are better...well sorry I will put you in your place and speed off and leave you there. It's ricers and wanna be ballers that makes fellow charger owners compete..I'll see an SRT8 and try and drive next to the guy and say sweet car, or compliment them..I dont try and race em. There will always be a hater to make problems begin.
Yes, and me being an employee at a Dodge dealership, I get a whole crapload of these v6s that think they are bad to the bone. Just this morning, driving to work, I had a v6 Charger on some pimped out 22s go flying past me, sure enough he turned into my job for an oil change, and I had to work on the car. Also, guess what, he had self-installed HEMI emblems. It just gets ridiculous. I personally don't believe this car should have been made with a v6, at least not the 2.7, it's a 4000lb car, it needs more than 180hp. I don't hate v6 Chargers, but it's a fact that v6 Chargers give all Chargers a bad name for the most part. Whether it be through their pimped out rides, or their heavy foot, it just doesn't sit well with us bigger engine guys. Sorry if anybody feels disrespected, if you do...then it's coming from within, because I just pointed out reality. The reality just sucks for the v6 owners who actually bought the car to enjoy it and take care of it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.