Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not Sure If Anyone Has Done This Yet but I Recently Swapped My 2016 SXT Dodge Charger Motor & Trans To V8 , The Sound Isn’t Sounding How It Should Be , I Currently Have Cats Removed & Mid Muffler Delete Still Not Loud At All . So Does Anyone Know If Putting V8 Stock Exhaust On It Will Bring The Sound I’m Looking For ?

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Not Sure If Anyone Has Done This Yet but I Recently Swapped My 2016 SXT Dodge Charger Motor & Trans To V8 , The Sound Isn’t Sounding How It Should Be , I Currently Have Cats Removed & Mid Muffler Delete Still Not Loud At All . So Does Anyone Know If Putting V8 Stock Exhaust On It Will Bring The Sound I’m Looking For ?
YoU shOuLd lIstEN tO lOts oF cArS tO fInD wHAt yoU lIkE thEn dO wHAt tHeY dId.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Knew I Shouldn’t Even Asked Yall 🤣 Yall Be On Here Saying Irrelevant Shit That Dont Got Shit To Do With What Somebody Asking 🤦🏽‍♂️ If It’s A V8 Motor How Tf Would It Not Sound Like A V8 Dum Ass but Basically What I Meant To Ask Is Would It Bolt Up Knowing That V6 Had 1 Side Pipe I Don’t Wanna Hear About How Expensive It Could Be Cuz Money Isn’t The Issue Here ! If You Know About Chargers Exhaust Can You Answer That ?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I Knew I Shouldn’t Even Asked Yall 🤣 Yall Be On Here Saying Irrelevant Shit That Dont Got Shit To Do With What Somebody Asking 🤦🏽‍♂️ If It’s A V8 Motor How Tf Would It Not Sound Like A V8 Dum Ass but Basically What I Meant To Ask Is Would It Bolt Up Knowing That V6 Had 1 Side Pipe I Don’t Wanna Hear About How Expensive It Could Be Cuz Money Isn’t The Issue Here ! If You Know About Chargers Exhaust Can You Answer That ?
Lighten up, Francis.

I already answered your question, but I'll spell it out for you; If you are running the stock SXT single-into-dual splitter exhaust with your cats and muffler deleted, and it's not loud enough for you, then no, putting an OEM 5.7 exhaust with two mufflers and two resonators on will not bring the sound you're looking for.

Reactions: Anguish

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lighten up, Francis.

I already answered your question, but I'll spell it out for you; If you are running the stock SXT single-into-dual splitter exhaust with your cats and muffler deleted, and it's not loud enough for you, then no, putting an OEM 5.7 exhaust with two mufflers and two resonators on will not bring the sound you're looking for.
Well What Would You Recommend ? I Was Gonna Replace It All I Don’t Want Any Thing From SXT Under There , Even If It Needs To Be Custom , Like I Will Do Cats Also & I’m In Process Of Adding JBA Longtube Headers

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well What Would You Recommend ? I Was Gonna Replace It All I Don’t Want Any Thing From SXT Under There , Even If It Needs To Be Custom , Like I Will Do Cats Also & I’m In Process Of Adding JBA Longtube Headers
The loudest aftermarket system that will not produce drone is the Solo Street Race catback. You'd need to check with Solo for fitment issues on your '16. You'd also need to either remove the tips or change your rear valance.

Seeing as you're a cost-no-object guy, you might also want to consider the Corsa Extreme.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Did you put on the same SXT exhaust that was on the car before you did the motor swap? I'm not sure how a V8 doesn't sound like a V8 unless it isn't one.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I Knew I Shouldn’t Even Asked Yall Yall Be On Here Saying Irrelevant Shit That Dont Got Shit To Do With What Somebody Asking If It’s A V8 Motor How Tf Would It Not Sound Like A V8 Dum Ass but Basically What I Meant To Ask Is Would It Bolt Up Knowing That V6 Had 1 Side Pipe I Don’t Wanna Hear About How Expensive It Could Be Cuz Money Isn’t The Issue Here ! If You Know About Chargers Exhaust Can You Answer That ?
You put a V8 in a car and used the V6 exhaust and then call us dumbasses?

Who's really the dumbass?

If you knew you shouldn't have asked, for whatever reason, and asked anyhow? You might be a dumbass if.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
You put a V8 in a car and used the V6 exhaust and then call us dumbasses?

Who's really the dumbass?

If you knew you shouldn't have asked, for whatever reason, and asked anyhow? You might be a dumbass if.
I am thinking back to when I was in my 20s and am not sure I was ever that impatient to pull the trigger on something like this without doing my due diligence; I've seen firsthand how that can go badly. Think wild ass fire in the engine bay while traveling on the Cross Island Expressway in Saturday afternoon traffic. Burned so hot the entire car was a charred shell before the FD even got there. There are just too many variables to have to consider when doing a V6-V8 swap in any car.

In any event, to the OP: can you post a couple vids of what it sounds like right now? And maybe include footage of the current exhaust system you're running. Also, you don't need to capitalize every word.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got an 2016 SXT too, and often wondered how a 5.7 Liter V8 Swap, would go. I never asked because most of the responses I ever saw about it were, "Sell it and buy a Hemi". Did you do it yourself, or did you take it somewhere and have it done? Junk yard stock swap? Did you say that you swapped in JBA Headers? What was the total cost of the build, parts and labor? Got any pics of your engine bay, before and after? Any info, would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I've got an 2016 SXT too, and often wondered how a 5.7 Liter V8 Swap, would go. I never asked because most of the responses I ever saw about it were, "Sell it and buy a Hemi".
Usually it's more like, "enjoy it the way it is, or sell it and buy a Hemi."

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Usually it's more like, "enjoy it the way it is, or sell it and buy a Hemi."
Mostly because it is a great way to waste a good load of cash doing something that is ultimately unnecessary. It really is cheaper to pick up a used Hemi than it is to buy a used Hemi motor and tranny, and everything else that will need to be upgraded in order to accommodate the new power plant, not to mention the labor involved in sourcing all of that and then installing it or paying someone else to. It begs the question why, as in, why go through all of that? Of course you can spend your money however you like and if you've got that much to burn, more power to you- there are just better, smarter ways to burn through it than literally trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'm more interested in the guys who are doing the 3.5 to 4.0 swap- at least in doing that you know the result is going to be somewhat unique, because there are no 4.0L V6 Chargers out there, so at least the novelty is there. But there are loads of 5.7L, 6.1L and 6.4L Chargers out there for the taking.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Mostly because it is a great way to waste a good load of cash doing something that is ultimately unnecessary. It really is cheaper to pick up a used Hemi than it is to buy a used Hemi motor and tranny, and everything else that will need to be upgraded in order to accommodate the new power plant, not to mention the labor involved in sourcing all of that and then installing it or paying someone else to. It begs the question why, as in, why go through all of that? Of course you can spend your money however you like and if you've got that much to burn, more power to you- there are just better, smarter ways to burn through it than literally trying to reinvent the wheel.
Don't know why you directed this at me. As someone who feels the need to respond to the at-least-once-a-week threads we get about V-6 to V-8 swaps, I thought it was pretty clear how I feel about them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I Spent About 15K For Full Swap Engine Had About 40K Miles & Trans & Exhaust Did Sound How It Was Supposed To . Sounds Aggressive I Did Whole New Everything Straight Pipe With Cats , To Me It Was Worth It , If You Have The Cash , I Didn’t Do The JBA Headers Tho .

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Charger Rallye
1 Posts
Hey, I’m not sure if this thread is still alive. I’m in need of some help. What all do I need to V8 swap a 2016 Rallye? Just the engine and pcm from my understanding. Everybody on DodgeForm just says get an RT but the Rallye trim has a very nice interior that I can’t get in an RT. Any info helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good luck on a response. He posted that he did it and disappeared.
He said he spent 15k on it so that alone says there's more to it then simply throwing the engine and transmission in there and changing pcm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts