1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V6 Performance Parts: Write Up with Photos and Video

Parts to be discussed include:

Inertia Motorsports V1.1 Camshafts w/ lash caps
CNC Ported/Polished 74mm Throttle Body (BilletTech and I - Joint Venture)
Ported/Polished "Gasket Matched" Lower Intake Manifold

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert of any sort. The opinions presented here are that of my own and others gathered from independent testers. I do not have any baseline numbers for my car so for comparison sake I am going to use Nathan's (BritishNate's) baseline numbers of 174 horsepower and 195 torque which was made on the same dyno in similar conditions as the information below. Our track times have always been comparable and our mods are nearly identical.

My car's current configuration:

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT (47,000miles)
Inertia V1.1 Cams
CNC ported/polished 74mm Throttle Body
Ported/Polished lower intake manifold
Airhammer HO Intake
Blastin Bobs 10db dual conversion (replaced suitcase w/ Dynomax muffler)
Custom tuning by Mike Lafrad
89 octane pump gas

Current best numbers:

15.62 @ 90 (700 DA)
199 horsepower, 220 torque

Air / Fuel Ratio:

YouTube - Dodge 3.5L Cammed V6 Dyno

The break down:
Estimated Gains based on averages: +25 horsepower, +25 torque
As you can see the car is running pretty rich especially at WOT. I do not have a wideband and tuning is still an on going process through email with Mike.

The differences in the runs shown are with different variations of throttle bodies, 1 test ported unit and 1 stock. The test ported unit is not the production unit nor does it reflect that gains that were found with the production unit tested on Nate's car. The blue line represents the test throttle body and the red represents stock.

The discrepancies:
The run made with the ported test throttle body was literally driven right off the street onto the dyno completely heatsoaked, 2 test pulls before recording data. So the car was HOT (ECT of 218)! We did 3 runs and took the best and swapped out the throttle bodies. The car sat for about 20 min with 2 blower fans and the cool-it mod in while we swapped the throttle body. We did 3 more runs with the stock throttle body on with the ECT at about 190).

Photos:

Nate's current configuration:
2005 Dodge Magnum SXT (47,000miles)
Inertia V1.1 Cams
CNC ported/polished 74mm Throttle Body
K&N Intake
Blastin Bobs 10db dual conversion (replaced suitcase w/ Magnaflow muffler)
Custom tuning by Mike Lafrad
89 octane pump gas

Current best numbers:

15.59 @ 89 (700 DA)
190 horsepower, 205 torque (with all mods except throttle body)

Dyno comparing with and without throttle body:

Without: 190hp, 205 tq
With: 195 hp, 210 tq
Gains: 5 hp, 5 tq

Video:

YouTube - Dodge V6 Inertia Cams Dyno

The Break down:

Car was ran at full heatsoak for every run including stock an ported throttle bodies. The only difference between my car and his are the ported lower intake manifold which I will be porting on his car probably over the weekend and probably get it back on the dyno to measure gains specifically for that.

Parts Photos:

Throttle Body

Lower Intake Manifold:

Cams:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Good post and write up! I'm pretty interested in this TB once it goes into production, i'd love to know what the butt dyno has to say about it. Any hints on when to expect it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good post and write up! I'm pretty interested in this TB once it goes into production, i'd love to know what the butt dyno has to say about it. Any hints on when to expect it?
I have hand ported throttle bodies on 5 different test cars including my own (3 3.5L V6s and 2 2.7L cars). They have all reported increased throttle response and increase in the top end at freeway speeds which is exactly what the dyno chart suggest (top end hp increase).

We are trying to get this to production ASAP.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well, hell, I want in on this ASAP. Youre gonna make a lot of 2.7 guys' days with that news....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, hell, I want in on this ASAP. Youre gonna make a lot of 2.7 guys' days with that news....
BilletTech is going to be machining the front side for me and I will be hand porting the back side for more effective smooth transitions into the manifold. Still working out the details and price but I think they will end up being sold through the Billet Tech webstore and AEcarbon's site when they are available. But until that happens and I am put on Billet's vendor account here I cant really speak to much more about it. But this thread is meant for informational purposes for all mods as a whole not for sales of any sort. I know a lot of people were waiting on these numbers.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Very cool. So I should just go all out and have my manifold ported also? Youre gonna have some work ahead of you haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets see...how can I say this without pissing off the admins... these maybe might possibly be for sale on a certain website ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts