Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 3.5l. I want to do it once and do it right. I would like to go from the headers back with a true, dual-exhaust system with high-flow cats and the X-pipe. Preferably not too loud, either, I like the sound of the Mopar/Borla and the Blastin' Bob's DW. I also want to go with Stainless so I won't have to do it again in a few years. Yes, I'm aware it'll be more expensive that way but I got a great deal on my car so I can afford it right now.

I've pored through the forums and mfr. sites here and haven't really found it yet... The mfr. sites mostly list cat-back or steel systems. I've read so many articles now I'm gettin' confused! :knockout:

Anybody with good experience out there who can give me a hand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Save yourself some money, you don't need new cats. I had a friend do some test before and after installation of High Flow Cats with the exact same intake, header, down pipe, and exhaust set-up. No noticeable difference, it seems Dodge did a fine job with the stock ones. As for the exhaust are you talking about doing a complete stainless exhaust from the cats back? 'Cause I am not aware of one for the 3.5

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I have the Exhaust Depot econo set-up. Sounds great, but if I had the chance to do it again, I would save a little more money and get a set of stainless steel pipes. I would probably go with a Zoomers or something for the R/T, which will fit a 3.5L perfectly.
The fitment and connections of these cheaper systems are not that great.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Exhaust depot has a cat back with X, all mandel bent but I don't think it is stainless. Blastin bob's is a Y pipe, single in dual out. And I agree, the cats are fine, high flow really aren't making a difference, but we do have shorty headers out right now for us.

·
Registered
87 Posts
RT exhaust

I have the Exhaust Depot econo set-up. Sounds great, but if I had the chance to do it again, I would save a little more money and get a set of stainless steel pipes. I would probably go with a Zoomers or something for the R/T, which will fit a 3.5L perfectly.
The fitment and connections of these cheaper systems are not that great.
I've heard this too.

The RT exhaust bolts on to the 3.5 perfectly?

..has anybody done this yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts