Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a state that doesnt test for emmisions and i wanted to swap my 3.5 for something nasty. I need a crate engine that will beat an R/t in Torque and accleration and be reliable enough to act as my everyday car. This would have to be able to plug directly into my current system without having to change the electrical system. How much would this cost me in total?? Im seriously considering this and i am also accepting offers.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
i think there is a company in clevland that will do a complete swap for a 5.7 for like 8g's

·
Registered
391 Posts
nice but a little too much money for me

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yeah that blown 540 looks great but the debt that follows wouldnt be to nice

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na man, do the same as I want to do, go for the 392ci / 6.4L crate baby... :)
U still getting the 6.4?? I wana get that by the end of next month hopefully, what do u expect to pay for full install and beefed up parts to go with all that HP. Im thinking 20-22g's i live in Miami, FL so lucky for us no emmission tests

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
South FL 3.5 swap for 392ci Hemi ful job including labor&cost of performance upgrades

Im swapping my 3.5 for a Hemi 392ci crate engine and of course I know i also need to upgrade everything from shocks to tranny, i live in the south FL area and would like an estimate from someone who is reliable and can pull this off with ease.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
im not sure yet, I was hoping 10k or less... looks like that wont be happening according to your estimates though... :)

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
im not sure yet, I was hoping 10k or less... looks like that wont be happening according to your estimates though... :)
Considering all the parts you will have to swap (suspension, brakes, axle, etc...) from your 3.5L, 10K is not even half of what you'll pay for the total cost.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
IMO? Try to get sponsored and have them absorb some cost. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Im swapping my 3.5 for a Hemi 392ci crate engine and of course I know i also need to upgrade everything from shocks to tranny, i live in the south FL area and would like an estimate from someone who is reliable and can pull this off with ease.
Best of luck on that adventure... please keep us updated on the progress!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you are going to spend all that money and time why not just trade up to an R/T or SRT?

·
Registered
280 Posts
stick my 762 in your car lol it might go up for sale so we can get a bigger motor for when the car comes out late this year.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You are asking for a nightmare with your computers. Trust me, did the swap already, i hope you know somebody at DCX pretty well. If I didn't, I would have been screwed.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You are asking for a nightmare with your computers. Trust me, did the swap already, i hope you know somebody at DCX pretty well. If I didn't, I would have been screwed.
How does your car ride compared to a charger r/t? Is it exactly the same, better, or worse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts