ps there addicting

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Not so good for the tires :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
break stand? Is this like a place to hang out on recess at school?

If you mean brake stand, i.e. burnout, then yes your tearing up your car but does that mean your gonna stop? Not likely

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

If you mean brake stand, i.e. burnout, then yes your tearing up your car but does that mean your gonna stop? Not likely
That's the lemmonade stand :slap: :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
every guy on here going to the dragstrip is doing a brake stand - yeah, not the best thing long term for your car or tires. Just remember - most of us doing that type of stuff are willing to pay to play. Start your tire fund early.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

here in Boston we call them breakstands....and with a standard tranny its a burnout ...sorry i didnt meet ur standards though

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
here in Boston we call them breakstands....and with a standard tranny its a burnout ...sorry i didnt meet ur standards though
he was referring to your spelling. those things that stop you are BRAKES.

doing too many BRAKE stands could BREAK your car. when your at work, you can take a BREAK. unless you work at an auto part store....then you could take some BRAKES but that would be stealing. and stealing is wrong :biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts

doing too many BRAKE stands could BREAK your car. when your at work, you can take a BREAK. unless you work at an auto part store....then you could take some BRAKES but that would be stealing. and stealing is wrong :biggrinjester:
this made me lol:beer_yum:

·
Registered
608 Posts

We need to sticky this post. :clap:

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im the new guy around here ...take it easy guys

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Some members on here have their "days" I guess.lol It it wear and tear on your ride and tires,and it's up to you if you want to deal with the price of the fun.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would imagine the diffy, driveshaft, and tranny would take a hit. Especially if the cars engine isn't up to the task of breaking the tires loose without a lot of effort. Another thing to take into consideration is the flooring and conditions. If its on dry pavement, it will hit harder. If its somewhat moist or humid, it will break the tires easier and not be so harsh on the components.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Haha I like that:clap:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would imagine the diffy, driveshaft, and tranny would take a hit. Especially if the cars engine isn't up to the task of breaking the tires loose without a lot of effort. Another thing to take into consideration is the flooring and conditions. If its on dry pavement, it will hit harder. If its somewhat moist or humid, it will break the tires easier and not be so harsh on the components.
Im gonna have to agree with Dave on this. I had a 94 Subaru Legacy for my first car. Front wheel drive and had something like 135 HP. But being a kid, and being bored. I used to do burn outs. Turns out, not so good for the car. Haha. So if you're doing burnouts to like show your cars fast...most any car can do them.

I get in the habit of spinning my tires from a stand still without hitting the brakes sometimes just to mess around coming out of a stop sign or something on one of these back roads. But as far as burnouts in a 3.5...I dunno man. Even in a 5.7...I dont like doin burnouts unless I need to warm the tires up.

If you wanna play it sorta safe, get some soap water and spill it on the ground before school gets out. Haha. Spin em up on that. It should be a little easier on the car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That Break thing was so funny, thanks for the cuckle. I needed that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts