Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys Im asking you to help me with my new project, I have acharger 2014 Anniversary Edition v6 Pentastar engine 3.6, and I want to make engine swap. The engine swap type will depend on the dealer what he has (5.7 - 6.1 - 6.4) Primarily what should I change if I want to make an engine swap to my car ? So as I mentioned above Priority for 6.4 if its available then 6.1 then the 5.7 The cost does not matter I have enough money dont worry about this guys.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'll try and not be a Negative Nancy, but here goes...

You're probably the 5,000th person on here to post about doing this swap, and minus a professional shop, this has NEVER been done, and it will NEVER make sense to do it.

If money isn't an issue, why not just buy a 5.7 R/T, SRT 6.1 or SRT 392? You'll have a much more reliable car, for cheaper than what you'll do this swap. You can find decent mileage 2010 5.7s for $10k.

Whatever amount of $$$ you think the swap is going to cost, it's going to cost more, and the headache to go with it will be tenfold.

Reactions: mpank

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If money is no object (I see you're in Kuwait lol) then why didn't you buy an SRT to begin with?

You're probably the 5,000th person on here to post about doing this swap, and minus a professional shop, this has NEVER been done, and it will NEVER make sense to do it.

If money isn't an issue, why not just buy a 5.7 R/T, SRT 6.1 or SRT 392? You'll have a much more reliable car, for cheaper than what you'll do this swap. You can find decent mileage 2010 5.7s for $10k.

Whatever amount of $$$ you think the swap is going to cost, it's going to cost more, and the headache to go with it will be tenfold.
I want to make a swap because I want to do it and Im free to do what I want with my money

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I already Have charger challenger srt, but I want to make a swap for the my other car
I want to make a swap because I want to do it and Im free to do what I want with my money
You are absolutely right. You are free to do whatever you want with your money. So why don't you take all this money..........and go hire someone to do it FOR you (I'm sure you're used to that lol) and then you won't have to worry anymore :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah, you're 100% correct. I'm just stating that it's never been done to my knowledge. It doesn't make sense on many levels.

Are you doing the work yourself or paying someone to do it?

I'd be willing to bet more than I should that you won't go through with it either, but as you said, your money so obviously you can do what you like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have a point, but are you going to do your self or hire anyone? If you just want to do it your self and have time, go for it.
Keep in mind that there is not only engine differences, SRTs have different transmission, brakes and many more things.

If money is not the issue I would probably get hellcat, and work on it to make it more fun

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, you're 100% correct. I'm just stating that it's never been done to my knowledge. It doesn't make sense on many levels.

Are you doing the work yourself or paying someone to do it?

I'd be willing to bet more than I should that you won't go through with it either, but as you said, your money so obviously you can do what you like.
I will do it with myself

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Lol wow.

Reactions: HemiLonestar

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Charger SXT (3.6 V6)
1 Posts

Hello there!
I’m aware this thread was done nearly an entire year ago, (and to anyone reading this, hope you’re staying safe amidst the chaos) but I’d like to ask you which direction I should start heading towards as someone who also has an SXT with the 3.6 V6. Yeah, it’s kinda stings to find out a Hemi swapped base model is pretty pointless but, hey: that’s life!

Regards,
AnotherBrickInTheWall.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hello there!
I’m aware this thread was done nearly an entire year ago, (and to anyone reading this, hope you’re staying safe amidst the chaos) but I’d like to ask you which direction I should start heading towards as someone who also has an SXT with the 3.6 V6. Yeah, it’s kinda stings to find out a Hemi swapped base model is pretty pointless but, hey: that’s life!

Regards,
AnotherBrickInTheWall.
...the thread was started 17 days ago.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, you are looking at a full everything swap. Closest thing to describe would be a body shell swap. Strip the body down to nothing, replace everything with V8 stuff, computers, harness, engine, trans, driveshaft, rear differential, axles, brakes. That's a pile of work, would be easier if you buy a totaled out SRT , or buy a turn Key package which has all the components that make the engine run like this,,6.4L Hemi Engine Turn Key Kit - Cleveland Power & Performance Then you essentially convert to a 2015 up model, just as much work as doing the swap with the 6.4/5 speed 2012-2014 SRT/Super bee setup.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Hello there!

Regards,
AnotherBrickInTheWall.
Start by trading your car in on a Scat Pack...that is the only thing that makes any sense...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts