Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to use my predator to just disable my rear o2 sensors and then sell it to someone else? I wouldn't be using a tune or anything else besides just disabling my rear 02s.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, so how do you unmarry it....just uninstall the tune and you are good to go.....will it say something to let you know for sure that the Predator is completely off of your car?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
It will tell you it has restored the stock tune... But one has to ask why? Predator makes the car run so much better!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to say it, but I might be trading it in for a Z06....I have removed my cats so I want to make sure there are no codes....I might just put the spark plug non-foulers back in.....does anyone know how long it will take my car to throw a code after I turn my 02 sensors back on? Is it three cycles or something like that?

·
Registered
120 Posts
why don't you just let it go with the car, its better than getting caught doing something shady just to sell a car, or at least tell the person who buys the car about it.

emissions are tough, anyone who buys a car and finds out the emissions systems are tampered with can easily sue you to get it fixed

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm selling it to a dealer; I don't think they will want it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Is the predator specific to each car make and model?
I was going to get one for my Charger, I was wondering
if it could be used to read codes on my wife's Hyundai.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it is specific.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I hate to say it, but I might be trading it in for a Z06....I have removed my cats so I want to make sure there are no codes....I might just put the spark plug non-foulers back in.....does anyone know how long it will take my car to throw a code after I turn my 02 sensors back on? Is it three cycles or something like that?
I sure hope your not doing what I think your doing.........

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
With the rear o2 sensors off, the car will never initiate smog testing. It will state "not ready" when they try to hook it up for testing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts